997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Valentine One (V1) G Bracket Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Valentine One (V1) G Bracket Install

All:

I participated in the G-Rides & BumperPlugs group buy on the V1 auto-dimming mirror bracket. I liked the setup so much that I sold my preferred 9500ix for this clean install.

Here is a link to the now-expired group buy, but it has a lot of great information. You can still purchase this bracket however.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2759123

My install pics are below. I know the quality is not great, but I hope you get a good sense for how cleanly this installed.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:18 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
very clean setup, these only work with the auto dim rear veiws? or am I mistaken??

Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
harwired v1 is the best mod you can make to any car. I can't imagine life without it anymore.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
very clean setup, these only work with the auto dim rear veiws? or am I mistaken??
For this setup, correct. You can use the suction cups and included hard wire kit in the V1 package as an alternative.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely done! And we now have the G Bracket and Wiring Kits up on our Order page for those who missed the group buy.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
CAL
CAL is infamous around these parts
Very nicely done.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Porsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud of
So did you connect the wires to the power in the mirror or did you have to run the wire to the fuse box. If they did it to the mirror can you give a step by step on how they did. I just ordered the G Bracket with the Wired kit.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche05
So did you connect the wires to the power in the mirror or did you have to run the wire to the fuse box. If they did it to the mirror can you give a step by step on how they did. I just ordered the G Bracket with the Wired kit.
I think the powered mirror requirement is for the bracket to fit only. The power comes from the car's fuse box.

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 05-06-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
damn I wish this worked on non diming rears veiws too... I hate sticking the v1 on my window...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
PersianGodFatha,

When I checked the Porsche parts listing they only show one part # for the plastic cover that the bracket will attach to. Maybe it will fit. Check with your local Porsche dealer.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Taylorcoleman, thank you very much for your purchase, as well as sharing your impressions and pictures. We appreciate that and hope you enjoy your G Bracket and Hardwire Kit.