997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you just walked away. I have a similar issue:

I mean, it's kinda like when a Laker slaps a wrist it is a blocked shot and when a Jazz player does it it is a foul. What's up with that? Refs are hatin' on the Jazz. I guess it is because they are small market and David Stern wants to see Lakers/Caveliers in order to generate the greatest revenue, but he shouldn't be hatin' on the Jazz... but I digress.

When I had a boxster some teens in a Dodge Magnum drove up and said to "CRANK IT!" Not really sure what he meant. Should I have responded by saying: "Yeah! GO buy groceries in that wagon! HIGH FIVE!!" I dunno. I just let them pass.

Last edited by cfos; 05-05-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by P Diddy
for every great thing in this world there will always be haters. some men don't like big **** - go figure

P Diddy,

I thought you were into big booty. I remember when you were dating JLo back in the day.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Lugs H is infamous around these parts
That little s#*t box is what my Dad would call all my fun cars. That was his way of telling me he really liked what I had. I wish he was still here to see my 911 and call it that little s#*t box.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
to the OP:
do they know you?
if not, tell them that "yeah, I already have a Vette and an M3 but today I'm driving the Porsche".

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Minok
What is a guru?

What is a cig?

If it is your least favorite bar in town, why are you there?
Unsure about the guru, but I think he was trying to be diplomatic and not write what he really wanted to write. However, you don't know what a cig is? Seriously? cigarette

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
You did the right thing. Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
nucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura aboutnucjd has a spectacular aura about
I really love having a vehicle that is so polarizing. As long as they are talking about Porsche then that shows how relevant and standard setting they are. You did the right thing.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
I have gotten nothing but positive comments and I'm sure you have too. In fact, I'm willing to bet that for every experience like that you described, there are 30 where someone has complimented your car.

It makes me happy and proud beyond what words can describe when all the kids on a school bus turn around to check out my baby. I was that kid many moon ago.

Suck it up. It's well worth it.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by avmike
Or my favorite, "What kept you from buyin' American?" Of course I don't have nearly the time it would take to go down that list...
You may want to point out that a lot of American cars have foreign parts and visa versa . There are even some foreign cars built in Amerca (IE BMW South Carolina factory).

Also worth noting are the Amercan tuners who have gained world wide respect with Porsche , BMW, Nissan .

It's almost like the labels "import vs domestic" have become more homogenized as the auto industry evolves.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
Don't blame those poor guys. I'd be jealous too if I didn't own a porsche

Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
rh888888 is infamous around these partsrh888888 is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't care what a Bmw or a Vette owner says They are great cars but they are Metoo cars. I have owned many a Vette an owning a Vette was owning a Vette. Owning a Porsche is like belonging to one big family. So the way I see it the haters are jealous of our family.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
sour grape

Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Auto_Union
P Diddy,

I thought you were into big booty. I remember when you were dating JLo back in the day.

Hilarious! Glad to hear I'm not alone with the hater stories. Comments about Mustangs and Corvettes, etc. btw if I could have 3-4 cars one would definitely be a nice V8 Mustang. I like those actually.

As for the ***** and the booty, we all have our limits on size!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
i have only gotten compliments so far...not sure anyone has ever hated on any of my porsches...I think 1 old man asked if it was a VW (about my boxster S)

My CLS63 turned the most heads by far...more than all 3 porsches combined

Old 05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atr911
I have gotten nothing but positive comments and I'm sure you have too. In fact, I'm willing to bet that for every experience like that you described, there are 30 where someone has complimented your car.

It makes me happy and proud beyond what words can describe when all the kids on a school bus turn around to check out my baby. I was that kid many moon ago.

Suck it up. It's well worth it.
I have done that same thing, driving by a school bus and they wave and point...I remember doing that same thing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Haters