997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tank Tongue is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Tank Tongue is here!

So friend of mine has just received "patent pending" on a product that we all will love! Tank Tongue. Check it out:
No more worrying about scratching your paint while filling up, no more drips on the freshly waxed paint job! Just open the fuel door, its there. When done fold it up and close the door.
They will have the colors to match your car..and will have Porsche logos when licensed by Porsche.

Take a look at my speed yellow. I love it!

Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Ah, a useful old friend from the past!!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Damn. Have had the rubber version of this for about 6 years...moved it from one porsche to the next. Works just fine. Cool!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I love innovation and innovators. However, my '87 Targa comes with a vinyl "tank tongue" as standard. Not sure what years these were standard. How does this Tank Tongue differ?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
clever

Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM
preston_brown is infamous around these parts
Patent pending? Good move but looks like a nod to the past, as others have said. Our patent system is messed up enough already...

Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
The original was "L" shaped and when open covered the left side as well as the bottom.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Of course patent pending just means that a patent application has been filed and received. I'm just not clear on how this proposed patent has a reasonable chance of being gratned with all of the prior use out there. With that said, for a small price, I'd buy one for my 997 and hope to contribute to your friends's success.

Indeed on my Targa the flap opens left then down like an L.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:42 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Damn. Have had the rubber version of this for about 6 years...moved it from one porsche to the next. Works just fine. Cool!

me too...got mine from Pelican parts

Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Interesting. I just made mine out of some soft rubber I had lying around. With all the prior use, your friends seems obvious so I'd be curious how he gets around that rejection. hmmm

Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
keep me posted when available. one for speed yellow. I have a 996 but I don't think that's an issue...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Great, I want one!

Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Thank you guys for your input, I will relate it to my buddy

And for you guys that are interested in getting one, I will let you know when it's available for sale. I will also try to talk him into becoming a sponsor on the forum.

Thanks again!

Vlad

Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
calexand is infamous around these parts
I bought a tank tongue for my NSX and like it. Based on that trial, I then went to buy a couple more for the BMW and my upcoming Porsche, but nothing ever arrived. Emails and phone messages to americanomniproducts have yielded no replies. I guess that is a warning for others buying from americanomniproducts, but my main goal is simply to get one or two more.

So if anyone has one (or 2) that they don't need, or the original creator of this thread can contact his friend to actually get some still, let's talk. Please send me a private message by clicking on calexand at the left. Thanks.

(Yes, I know I could go find some rubber somewhere and make one, but I don't have the right materials and would want it to look right, so by the time I find the right kind of rubber, cut it out including a nice perfect circle in it, etc. we are talking a big hassle.)

Chip

Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by calexand
I bought a tank tongue for my NSX and like it. Based on that trial, I then went to buy a couple more for the BMW and my upcoming Porsche, but nothing ever arrived. Emails and phone messages to americanomniproducts have yielded no replies. I guess that is a warning for others buying from americanomniproducts, but my main goal is simply to get one or two more.

So if anyone has one (or 2) that they don't need, or the original creator of this thread can contact his friend to actually get some still, let's talk. Please send me a private message by clicking on calexand at the left. Thanks.

(Yes, I know I could go find some rubber somewhere and make one, but I don't have the right materials and would want it to look right, so by the time I find the right kind of rubber, cut it out including a nice perfect circle in it, etc. we are talking a big hassle.)

Chip
Dear Chip,

I have recently acquired Tank Tongue. We have just received the US Patent for it!
As simple as this product seems, it was a very difficult process to find the right company to cut and print them so they fit and look perfect.
I can say that we finally got it just right.

We should be able to ship them out some time next week. They will have the Tank Tongue logo on the front. If you have a company or a business that you would like to print on it, we can do it for you.

So I apologize for the delay Chip, we will complete your order very soon . Btw I am very glad you like your Tank Tongue !

Thanks,
Vladimir

Last edited by Vladm; 01-06-2012 at 11:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tank Tongue is here!