997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Trouble for Gumball Rally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Trouble for Gumball Rally

Troopers Nab Gumball 3000 Speeders On Local Roads
BOSTON (AP)
Massachusetts State Police say 11 drivers have been ticketed for speeding and other traffic violation around Boston as part of a crackdown on an international road rally known as Gumball 3000.

State Police spokesman David Procopio said Wednesday that some of the ticketed motorists were driving expensive vehicles.

Some were going over 90 miles per hour, one driver was cited for taking photos while driving and another for excessive horn blowing.

They were ticketed while driving on Interstate 93, Route 128, and Route 3.

The Gumball 3000 is a road rally that began May 1 in London.

The cars were then flown to the U.S. where drivers where scheduled to continue the 3,000-mile race through New York City and Toronto.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Excessive horn blowing? I got a ticket for this in high school and the cop almost broke the back window out of the Jeep I wa driving. The horn was used because some a-hole pulled out and almost took out a woman and child and literally was 4" from my bumper. Cops = haters. Citations for victimless crimes is not cool with me.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sweeper
Troopers Nab Gumball 3000 Speeders On Local Roads
BOSTON (AP)
Massachusetts State Police say 11 drivers have been ticketed for speeding and other traffic violation around Boston as part of a crackdown on an international road rally known as Gumball 3000.

State Police spokesman David Procopio said Wednesday that some of the ticketed motorists were driving expensive vehicles.

Some were going over 90 miles per hour, one driver was cited for taking photos while driving and another for excessive horn blowing.

They were ticketed while driving on Interstate 93, Route 128, and Route 3.

The Gumball 3000 is a road rally that began May 1 in London.

The cars were then flown to the U.S. where drivers where scheduled to continue the 3,000-mile race through New York City and Toronto.

Everyone drives 90 on the Mass Pike. How would the staties know?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Everyone drives 90 on the Mass Pike. How would the staties know?
Having a quota for speeding tickets and the fines being used to pay for their jobs means they ticket with enthusiasm. Car broken down by the side of the road .... not so interesting.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:16 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
The staties must be shifting the time they try and meet their quota...I got a "welcome back to Mass" visit from one yesterday, and i was crawling (80) by Pike standards.

-Alex

Old 05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
HRD SEL is infamous around these parts
Mass Troopers are pathetic and over paid.

I find it to watch them climax when pulling these cars over (http://wbztv.com/local/gumball.3000....ectflash=false - video on right).

Old 05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
I think that if I were not from the great state of Massachusetts, especially if I were not from the USA, I'd just drive away laughing, the shreds of that ticket fluttering on the breeze behind me.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I love the TV commentary. It's like the drivers were dealing kiddie **** or something. BFD. Apparently no one even cleared 100 or I'm sure the commentators would have announced it. I probably hit 90 every day and I would hardly call it wreckless.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Originally Posted by raspritz
I think that if I were not from the great state of Massachusetts, especially if I were not from the USA, I'd just drive away laughing, the shreds of that ticket fluttering on the breeze behind me.
If this didn't happen I'd be very suprised

Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Anything over 80MPH in MA will land you a ticket from a trooper, whether your a ball of gum or not.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
etchu is infamous around these parts
with that many car overspeeding together it's just a matter of luck of who get caught or not...