997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

DIY VFE Supercharger Install Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
DIY VFE Supercharger Install Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

DIY VFE Supercharger Install Episode IV: A NEW HOPE, as in I hope Cattman will come help me install this sucker!

Well I am finally home after 7 months overseas. First thing on the agenda was un-mothballing my beasts. I had stored both in my garage inside Rhino Pockets. Basically a giant tarp that zips all the way around the car to keep moisture and critters out. Turns out they worked great. I put both my E36 M3 and my red beast in pockets with some silicon packets. For storage prep I took the batteries out of both cars, put Sta-Bil in the fuel and over inflated the tires to avoid flat spotting them.

Here are the picks as I removed the vehicles.

After 7 months of sitting I was surprised that my BBS Motorsport E88's were still holding at least 30 psi on all four corners. Also, the engine started on the first try after pouring about .25 liters of oil in to avoid a "dry" start.

Next, I opened a big package I had waiting for me.

Everything looked great, dirty but great. There was some oil/grease on some the components, probably seeped through some of the plastic packaging. The intercooler had some cracking/flaking taking place around the two openings. Hopefully someone with some experience can chime in on this. I have to seal the edges with some epoxy or something similar.

Well, the first step now is getting the parts I dont have. So far it looks fairly complete. I already have the third radiator kit from Suncoast. Can the experts chime in with special tools I will need?

Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 05-10-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: put up a classified please not in open forum
Old 05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Reserved:

Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Reserved:

Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Reserved:

Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Welcome back Jason. Looking forward to updates here on your successful install. Vinnie gave me a ride in his last Wed and I was a little sorry I didn't keep that SC.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Welcome back Jason, looks like you have a big project on your hands. Who did you buy this SC from? Someone on this forum?

Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Jason,
Welcome back. My wife has given the thumbs up on my coming out to SD to lend a hand on the install. Let's talk tomorrow re. tool and parts inventory.
CATTMAN

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Welcome back Jason, looks like you have a big project on your hands. Who did you buy this SC from? Someone on this forum?
I bought the SC from member adam89911.

Jason

Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
car looks good... 7 months away.. i dont think i could take that w/ my p-car

Old 05-10-2010, 04:22 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
I bought the SC from member adam89911.

Jason
GL Jason......subscribed

Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM
etchu is infamous around these parts
seems lotta work to be done, can't wait!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
WOW, the P-car really looks great. Love that rear bumper!!

GL with the install. I installed a Vortech supercharger on my S2000. It was a great project.

I am still a little shy with the Porsche, but I'm sure the time will come for mods.

Again, welcome back and good luck!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Hey Jason,
Glad you finally bought the supercharger you have wanted for a while.....
This will be a TON easier for Cattman being it is his second time around,so you are in good hands!

GL and keep us posted!

Stacy

Old 05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Hey Jason,
Glad you finally bought the supercharger you have wanted for a while.....
This will be a TON easier for Cattman being it is his second time around,so you are in good hands!

GL and keep us posted!

Stacy
Thanks Stacy!

BTW, have you ever seen the flaking on the heat exchanger? Any ideas?

Jason

Old 05-10-2010, 06:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis
Thanks Stacy!

BTW, have you ever seen the flaking on the heat exchanger? Any ideas?

Jason
No I haven't.....BUT I think I would try and correct that before installing it.I am NOT sure what a paint chip could do to the internal of your motor...maybe nothing !
Better safe than sorry,IMO so I would sand it down on that inside edge to get rid of the loose paint....once the hoses are on you won't see it anyway!
IF you want to touch it up,just use a sponge,spray some satin black paint on the sponge and dab the sponge to the edge/parts you want to fix.I did it in one of my posts(to fix a scrape on the visible side)and the inter-cooler looked brand new!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY VFE Supercharger Install Episode IV: A NEW HOPE