997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 child restraint clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
997.2 child restraint clips

On page 55 of the owner's manual. How do I expose them? Been tugging at them for a bit, but I am wondering if I need to remove that seatback (with the speakers). I'm looking to REALLY secure my child-seat an could use some help. Thanks!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
I took a box knife and I had to remove the Bose Box expose the anchor. And then the clip from the seat doesn't snap on so easily?? The hook is left at a weird angle.

Not a great design.

It would be so easy if the car just had latch hooks in the back seat??

DRP

Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
pics would be very appreciated

Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 PM
+1 on the pics.

I tried struggling to see if that "Bose box" would unsnap and fold down (or up). No luck.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:05 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I used a box cut knife, as suggested, had to dig a little bit so there was no need to remove the speaker box. You have to cut trough some 1 1/2 inches deep from each side of the carpet and pull the whole piece out. After that, get the foam out and expose the metal for the tether.
I used a tether system that came in the car seat plus a rock climbing hook + short thick elastic (home depot) to adjust any lateral balance issues.
If you pull the tether too hard, the seat will rise and will have no lateral support, if you don't, it will move back and forward. Take time and patience to find a balance for it. Hence the elastic with rock climbing hook.
Don't over engineer, the tether hook is tiny, it will look messy and won't be that effective.
I took the seat out to give more back room for my little bugger, not entirely necessary if you don't want to. But if you do, be VERY careful with the metal pin that unites the back of the two seats (it's covered by a plastic piece, right in the bottom middle of the two seats), the alloy is crappy and in my case, I ruined it.
Best of luck

Old 05-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Finally, exposed the tether:

Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
got it

i think i found it - up on the top deck for for the long tether, for the top of hte child seat, correct?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Good info. More pics would be helpful. thanks

Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by brendo
i think i found it - up on the top deck for for the long tether, for the top of hte child seat, correct?
Yes.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jack667
Good info. More pics would be helpful. thanks
Apologies to those that hate seeing old threads brought back to life, but I was looking up some of the car seat thread I read while trying to answer another more recent car seat question and realized that the pics I thought I linked, aren't here. So I re-took them.

Hope these help someone and provide a good idea of how deep these restraints are buried (2009 997.2). I love how these are exposed on the new 991.:

Attached Images    

Last edited by cfos; 03-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.