997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

hit from the rear..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
hit from the rear..

well not exactly the rear.. but i am pretty pissed nevertheless.

had the Pcar for less than 2 months.. havent even got the plates yet.

Mon nite after a belated mother's day dinner with my ex and my daughter, i was on my way back home around 10 pm.

i was making a right turn when the light turned green.. when "WHAM" i felt a good hit to the rear along with the metal against metal sound of 'crunch'

WTH !

i got out to see 2001 chevy malibu in yellow tan color stuck to the right-rear of my car..

i saw that he hit me right infront of the right-rear tire.. then thrashed my rim.. than continued to scrape my rear bumper..

worst part was that this was the same car that was tailgating me for last 1/4 mile.. not passing when he had the clear lane.. even when i would slow down a bit, trying to encourage him to pass by me.. to no avail.

in the end, i moved over to the left lane so he can pass me..

but at the intersection (red light) he ended up to the right of me in the two-lanes that were allowed to make a right.

when the light turned green, i proceeded to make a right (ofcourse, in my own lane).. then 'WHAM'

to make the matters worse, i overheard this ******* tell the police that i was in the THIRD lane from the right making an illegal right turn .. and that i ran in to him!

i had to restrain myself from dropping that a-hole right there..

anyways , just wanted to vent..

and trying to find the best way to fix my car to its original state..

anyways, gonna spend the weekend in vegas.. will try to have fun and forget about the dumb-****s of the world

Attached Images      
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned
Edgy01 is infamous around these parts
Good luck with this mess. Just remember that body shops today can do a first rate job on such a repair. Suggest you find someone who really knows how to shrink metal so that the rear fender can be retained and not replaced. Color matching has gotten better over the years.

Now to find out if a video camera exists near that intersection!

D

Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This really sucks .
My advice would be to get a police report, see a doctor to rule out any neck and back injury (because even a low speed rear collision can cause tissue /disc injury -- and the symptoms don't always appear immediately) and contact your insurance company .. and if needed - an attorney.

I would not be surprised if that wreckless driver who hit you so carelessly has a chain of tickets , possible license suspensions and or criminal history -the attorneys and insurance compainies will figure it all out for you .

Hope you feel ok.
The car will be fixed.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:51 PM
brewster16 is infamous around these parts
Wow, that really sucks. I hope the police officer noted the position of the cars and who was in what lane. That piece of crap Malibu probably has seen it's share of crashes.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Wow, that sucks and makes me sick just thinking about it and knowing your short history with the car. I am truly bummed for you and hope you guys are alright. My wife had a similar hit on her Mercedes and she suffers from a permanent disc injury.

I hate to say it but the rear quarter panel is probably the worst place to get damage on the Porsche and looks like that is where the majority of the hit was. Be sure to research and only use a good Porsche certified repair shop in your area. It is very important on these cars that the structural rigidity remain in tact and not just 'look' like new. Nobody wins in a situation like this, but if you survived without injury then that is MOST important. Good luck and try not to let it bother you too much, it's just an unfortunate part of life.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Sorry to see this happen to you. I had my first 997 hit (rear ended by a garbage truck), so I know how you feel.

As Dan said, they can fix it up with out any sign of the damage. If the rear fender needs replacing it is about 40 hours to re+re on a coupe.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 PM
MKBOX22 is infamous around these parts
Ouch. Sorry to see that.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 PM
djlod is infamous around these parts
Wow, that's terrible.
What a jackass.
Try Marco's auto body.
They have several locations in LA.
I've had a few cars repaired by Marcos, they do great work.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:33 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
damn...that sucks big time...sorry to see that happens to your baby...I would vent at him with a baseball bat to the head..or better yet, smack that piece of crap a few times and call it even..

Old 05-15-2010, 05:38 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
So sorry to hear of this. Hope you are OK.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:34 AM
REBor8 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to read of your experience. Take it to Stuttgart International in Ft. Lauderdale. All they deal with is P-cars and do first-class work.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
OMG. My worst nightmare. So sorry, this really sucks. WTF is wrong with people...in such a damn hurry all the time. Did that a-hole get where he was going quick enough after the accident? I bet not. Did he/she/it learn anything, probably not. Yeah, I would have had a hard time not giving them a free ride to the hospital on their back.

J

Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 AM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Sorry to see this happen and glad that it wasn't worse.

I know how aggravating, frustrating this can be with the hassel of getting it repaired but after all, it's only a car.

Enjoy your trip to Vegas.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
That sucks. Had a similar experience this week but fortunately barely a nick. Was on the Hutch. parkway in westchester this week in rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic and light rain.

i'm in the left lane and I notice some a-hole, mid 20's in a mitsu. with big wing in the right lane honking and tailgating some guy in front of him. he was speeding up, slowing down when finally he passes him on the right shoulder and shoots right in front of him. Only to be immediately stuck right behind someone else.

I laugh and say "what an ***". 2 minutes later he hops behind me. Sure enough he starts riding my *** and the guy in front of me stops. I stop and he hits me.

I literally flew out of my car and was at his window screaming at him almost immediately. Looking back probably not the smartest thing but what can you do? When I got to his car his window was already open. As I screamed "get the F**K out of the car, i'm going to kill you right here" he started to close his window As this is going on the first guy he cut off passed by and started to curse him out as he drove by.

the guy then tries to explain that the guy he cut off was slowing him down and "you stopped". I'm like WTF, of course I stopped. you're in bumper to bumper to traffic.

I looked at my car and there is only the slightest nick on the right bumperette. Very lucky.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
same thing happened to me last week...merging onto a main road...and the idiots from behind never check to see if the car in front has fully gone...and WHAM! I feel your pain man, its 75 degrees here and the car is waiting in the shop until parts come in on Monday Luckily the guy was super nice and no matter how much he got yelled at, he was still really nice so its hard to stay mad :-/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hit from the rear..