997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Executive car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
scopeit is infamous around these partsscopeit is infamous around these parts
Porsche Executive car?

Fellow 6 speeders - about to purchase an 09 C2S coupe 12k miles that was a Porsche Executive car. From Porsche dealer.

Any concerns? Things I should look for?

Anyone get one of these and if so any problems?

Thanks,

Scopeit
2003 C2 (new in Nov 2002 soon to be gone)
2008 S5

Old 05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
Personally I'm not a fan of the "executive cars". Basically I think this means it could have been used as a demo, courtesy car, or a vehicle for employees to drive around in (eg - abusing it on the street).
If I worked at porsche and had was allowed to take the "executive cars" out - I'd probably drive it heck out of it.

This is my personal bias, but I'd rather get a individual "owned" car.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Vinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to behold
I would have to agree with the previous poster. I bought a 2009 C2S which was privately owned for 11 months. Only had less than 6K miles and I got it at a great deal! At first, I thought that something was wrong with it, thinking that "this deal was too good to be true". After I got the car delivered to my home and saw it for the first time, I was glad I trusted my instincts and didn't buy a "demo" car instead. The car's finish and interior was impecable! The tires were "like new". Threads were still thick and the brake caliper pads were not worn at all, telling me that the car was a "leisure" car.

I would imagine, that an "executive/demo" car would be driven hard by whoever drove it, since it is after all a "demo". But then again, this car is made to be "driven". And it would all depend on how you look at owning such a car. If you're OK with it, then go for it. I would definitely look over the tire's wear as well as the brake pads to see if they are "worn" down. That would tell you a lot about how the car was driven.

Goodluck!

Vince

Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Flying Cat is infamous around these partsFlying Cat is infamous around these parts
You need to definitively ask for DME printout. This will tell you if, when and how badly the car has been abused.
A quick search on DME will provide details needed.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
My father-in-law use to own a ?????? Dealership and when we were younger (17-21) we would get to drive “executive” (dealer demo’s, 10K max use then sell) cars. Let me tell you firsthand...we beat the snot out of those cars...no miles, redline shifting, street racing, lots and lots of rubber burning and sliding. The first time I road into work with be wifes dad (girl friend at the time) he did second to fifth shift getting onto the freeway, wide-open...I was still sixteen...it opened my eyes...been hooked ever since on performance vehicles and speed....

Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
"Executive " car is still used and the thought of potentially buying a Porsche demo makes me cringe. Hell, the sales rep on one of my Porsche test drives red lined a new C4S from a near cold start to show me how fast they go. Would rather take my chances with a one owner enthusiasts car myself but then they don't come with CPO warranty.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:24 PM
chowyunfatnd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by scopeit
Fellow 6 speeders - about to purchase an 09 C2S coupe 12k miles that was a Porsche Executive car. From Porsche dealer.

Any concerns? Things I should look for?

Anyone get one of these and if so any problems?
I bought a 2009 C2S PDK with 7k miles on it but untitled. Not sure if it was an "executive" car, but the dealer himself had been driving it, is what I was told.

The bottom line:
  • I saved $27k USD off the retail price for a car that wasn't mint but was 99.99% mint.
  • I'm sure it was driven hard -- but it was broken in -- and hell, it's under warranty. Aren't you supposed to break it in like you want to drive it longterm? (After the first 500 miles, at least)... in that case, I don't mind at all if it was driven hard before... since I drive hard, autocross, etc
That said -- I wouldn't have bought this car at only 5-10k USD off of the retail price -- in that case I would've just ordered one to get the exact color and features I wanted. But saving 27k off retail was just too juicy for me to resist. Keep in mind this was July 2009 which was one of Porsche's all time worst sales months I believe.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Factory warranty is king! We had brand new MBZ that was in the shop 120+ days within the first two years of ownership. They ended buying it back under the Lemon Law. After that experience the only way I would ever buy a late model used car is through a dealership with Factory Certified Per-owned Program. You get the warranty and can buy an extended warranty...not to mention huge cash savings and right now very attractive financing rates. Good luck...whatever you decide to do...remember these cars are designed and built to be driven hard and way faster then we can use them in America.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Who came up with the term "Porsche Executive Car"? There are demos and there are demos that the owner may drive and Porsche NA has a very small fleet that their guys get to drive and are then sold as CPO used through Jim Ellis or Hennessy.

When I drove my first PDK it was a demo with 3-400 miles and the saleman, whom I knew, kept urging me to jump on it and I actually ran the launch controk 3 times. Got done and told him that I was glad I wasn't going to be the poor SOB who ended up buying it.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's really an individual car / driver case history. Many of the "executive cars" are pounded BUT not all. There are some managers who use the car as a personal vehicle and then put it on the lot. After years of doing this they trae the car like it's theirs because it is their car. On the other hand .. a lot of the cars are just a demo too and with that comes the test drives .

I have bought 1 BMW demo and 1 Honda Demo in my life and both cars were great. I knew the GM at both dealerships and they did go over the car in detail. In fact the BMW .. the manager had to get his belongings out of the car and i went with him to help. It was his personal vehicle. BTW ..this is the same with Porsche.
These guys all drive the cars constantly and they don;t always get as excited as a newbie on a test drive . They just drive it to get home and back to work.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Howie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to behold
The car... It is a machine and was designed by hundreds of engineers. It was built to precision using some of the most sophisticated manufacturing techniques currently known to man.

The engine is revved, and the mechanicals of the drive trained are loaded and the tyres are pushed to friction point.

Absolutely normal for a car that was designed for a that very purpose. Don't get fooled by that psychological barrier in your mind. That car has done its job for the miles it has on its odometer.

However, what makes me personally wary are cars that have well worn interiors. You can always fix the mechanicals of a car, as well as being covered by the factory warranty that can be renewed up to over 9 years (in Australia). But the interiors are a much more difficult thing to get right. The smell, the worn leathers, the scratches in the plastic... Watch out for those things.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM
alanm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VID997
My father-in-law use to own a ?????? Dealership and when we were younger (17-21) we would get to drive “executive” (dealer demo’s, 10K max use then sell) cars. Let me tell you firsthand...we beat the snot out of those cars...no miles, redline shifting, street racing, lots and lots of rubber burning and sliding. The first time I road into work with be wifes dad (girl friend at the time) he did second to fifth shift getting onto the freeway, wide-open...I was still sixteen...it opened my eyes...been hooked ever since on performance vehicles and speed....
I had the same experience. In high school, my friend's father owned a ???? dealership and my friend would get a new car every 6 months. He would absolutely beat the crap out of it for 6 months, and then the dealership would sell it as "dealership driven." I vowed then that I would never buy a demo car from a dealer.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
“These guys all drive the cars constantly and they don;t always get as excited as a newbie on a test drive . They just drive it to get home and back to work.[/quote”

True....but some of them have kids old enough to drive and daddy (or mommy) may let them take it out for a spin...this is when the beat down comes into play.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Big deal, I beat the crap out of my car and barely made a warranty claim on it. These cars are tough, and do much better when driven the way they were designed to be driven. My first one was a garage queen, and it was having a number of little problems.

Ask any service advisor, and they will confirm the same thing.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM
scopeit is infamous around these partsscopeit is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys... I bought it and will beat the **** out of it. Its under warranty. Launch control WILL BE EXPERIENCED! (IF THAT VOIDS WARRANTY THEN WHY DID THEY MAKE IT POSSBLE?) Kept my 996 in garage for first 5 years then beat the hell out of it. No problems. No way to destroy these and now realize need to drive and track it. Its a PDK so.. can't over rev and if something is gonna go then it will the way I drive it. If you sweat the cash then buy a Z car! one thing need rec on is exhaust. Had PSE on 996. What do you guys recommend?: Weak sound. Reminds me of my FatbOy stock before the straight pipes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Executive car?