997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Considering Dension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lenderman
I have an '06 c4s. I have been fighting with myself for some time on whether to get the dension and the bluetooth module from Eric @ bumperplugs for a few reasons.

1- I'm cheap. A bluetooth headset cost $75.00 and the bluetooth module is substantially more than that

2- Big tires make big noise. I was wondering if the road noise would diminish the bluetooth capability- Can your callers hear you are in the car? When using the headset, they many times cannot tell I am not in my office.

3-Scared! that some hack will screw up the Bose upon installation. Anyone in the east bay of San Francisco you guys would recommend if I go forward with this?

4- anybody done this customization to discover it just was not what they expected?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
You can install this thing yourself and there is nothing to screw up. It simply goes into optical bus in-between of any installed component.
I use mobridge and love it - it uses single unit for bluetooth and ipod support. Get whichever one is cheaper they are all pretty much alike features wise. Research on Ebay.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by larrytrk
On my 06S dension for iPod-outstanding, for bluetooth-flakey!
Eric-terrific!
that about sums it up

Originally Posted by Fskof
crazycarlitos Where did you place the mic?
at the corner where the a-pillar meets the visor..

sorry can't take pics right now since the car is in the body shop ()..

however, in retrospect, i would put it near the original mic position by Porsche (near the speedometer)

Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Flying Cat is infamous around these partsFlying Cat is infamous around these parts
Dension Gateway 500 all the way. I installed it several months ago and love how it sounds.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM
tr_dlite is infamous around these parts
Get it. Works great!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
cyklonz is infamous around these parts
im about to get it!!