997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Boxster Spyder or used 997S/4S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
fanboy is infamous around these parts
Congrats then! You really couldn't have made a wrong choice. I'm glad you found the car that truly makes you happy.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! I think the Spyder is an great looking car and if it drives as well as it looks it will probably be next on my list to get. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
bhoov14 is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I pick it up on Tuesday (I'm out of town for the holidays),
I'll post pics asap.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Matt in Houston is infamous around these partsMatt in Houston is infamous around these parts
I think you made a good choice in the Spyder but Im not sure if I would want to mod that car. Besides I bet she's a blast right out of the box.

Enjoy!...And take lots of pics, I love the Spyder.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:06 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Well I drove one today, a beautiful example in silver with a sports exhaust as well. My verdict? Wow!

I owned a very highly spec'd Cayman S before I bought my C2S and I've driven my fair share of Boxster's in the past. This car is *nothing* like a Boxster, nothing at all. First off, the look is stunning, beautiful lines, very seductive. Secondly, the engine/exhaust note is distinctly different to what I'm used to, it sounded lovely indeed. As for the drive, I was pleasantly surprised ; very comfortable, smooth and very torquey. I never found myself wishing I had the power of my C2S, in fact it felt pretty similar despite the obviously documented drop in hp. The car I drove was mated to the PDK gearbox which as we all know already, is superb but somehow it really seems to suit the character of this car very well, more so than the 911 IMO.

Long and short of it is, if I hadn't just bought a house, my 911 would be going in for one of these. Superb.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
bhoov14 is infamous around these parts
I have a few pics tha I am going to post in the "Boxster" forum. I have driven the car for the past 2 days, I have perma-grin thus far!