997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CD stuck in radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Ryanm51981 is infamous around these parts
CD stuck in radio

Hey , I accidently put an MP3 cd in my radio tonight and now it wont come out. Its just a regular CDR with mp3s burned on to it.HELP! Tried hitting eject and turned the radio off and on,nothing is working .You can hear the cd spinning and the cd player trying to read it.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I had this happen as well. In my case it was that the cd didn't quite sit right on the mechanism. Maybe it was due to being a burned disc and the thickness was different, I don't know. What I did was this.... With the stereo on and trying to find that disc, take a another cd and slide it into the slot giving the first disc a gentle nudge into place. In my case it was just not fed in that last little bit so when I did this it bumped it in place and then I could eject it.

BTW... you should be able to play MP3 cds.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
there's a little tool in the fuse panel for removing a stuck key and my service guy said it is also perfect for getting a stuck cd out - how this came up in a conversation, I have no idea....

Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Option 1: Start the car - turn OFF the radio for 3 mins. - radio is still off press the eject cd button.
Option 2: Take out the appropriate fuse for 5 mins. - Put the fuse back in - press the eject cd button.
Option 3: Go to the Dealer & get a new PCM unit & hope it's still under warranty.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Ryanm51981 is infamous around these parts
Any other suggestion ?Its still not coming out...U can hear the disc spinning and I tried putting another cd in to nudge it and tried using the tool in the fuse kit but that didnt help either.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:13 PM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
Mine got stuck today for the first time. Haven't tried any of the above tricks yet. I am working on getting my Ipod connected and bypass CD's altogether.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 PM
keny is infamous around these parts
mine got stuck this morning. i opened up the fuse box and there is a tool on the cover which looks like a ear pick.

I carefully stuck it into the cd (make sure your player is turned off) and used it to gently tug at the cd stuck inside. you have to insert this somewhere in the middle to try to catch the center hole of the cd inside.

after a couple of gentle tugs, i heard the mechanism whirring and i then pressed the eject button.

magically the cd poped out.

Be very careful as you do this as its very easy to cause damage to the internal mechanism of the cd player.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
If none of these tricks work, this is what you have to do...
Unplug battery, take out your PCM (Instruction here somewhere on 6speed, ifnot pm me), once its out, unscrew 3 tiny torx screw on top to remove the upper part of PCM (very easy), and now you can see the CD, just remove it with your hands, voila!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
keny is infamous around these parts
I thought that our players can play mp3 from cd? Just did it the other day with mine. How come it isn't working on yours? Mine from an 08 c4s.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keny
mine got stuck this morning. i opened up the fuse box and there is a tool on the cover which looks like a ear pick.
Not everyone know what a ear pick looks like. I was looking at the stick and realized what you meant.

I had the same problem. Used the tool and just jiggled the CD a little and it popped out.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
Must be bad timing for '05 and '06 PCMs, my '06 is getting finicky giving up CDs in there. They go in and play just fine, but ejecting sometimes, they only stick out a tiny bit, sometimes, not at all. I've killed a few CDs grabbing them with thin tweezers when the disc was ejected just a tiny bit. For now I'm just using the CD changer and forgoing the ability to play MP3 CDs. I've been toying with replacing the head-unit to get some more capability (bluetooth, ipod, etc.)but have not found an economical way to do this. I'd rather not dump $2-3k into a new stereo if I can avoid it.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
Most all OEM radio manufactures have a "forced eject" command built in.
Press and hold the eject button for 5 seconds and radio should eject the cd.

Car cd players have a silicone rubber disc roller that draws the cd in as well as ejecting it (kinda like grandmas old wringer washer). Over time, the rollers being somewhat sticky, get contaminated with dust, dirt etc causing slippage.

You can sometimes tell by straight scratch marks on the cd from the radio trying to eject or load.
I've cleaned my own roller by using those lint free disposable blue "shop towels".
Cut a sheet to a little smaller than a cd. Fold it over an actual scrap cd completely so it covers top & bottom.
I wet the shop towel with isopropyl alcohol and then holding it firmly (don't let go) slide in in and out about 2 inches while the roller turns trying to load the disc. Do it a couple of times and the rollers are clean.

Last edited by wc11; 11-07-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
I'm 100% sure it is my rollers that are the problem. I'll try this cleaning technique. The mechanical bits seem to function OK, it just does not get the CD pushed out far enough to grab all the time.