997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

finally in my driveway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
finally in my driveway

So I sold my 2007 Subaru STI a few months back to finance my want for a Porsche. Of course I wanted a Turbo but the more I looked the more I knew it was not a great idea. So I turned to the 997 in hopes I would find one I liked in my price range. I spent months watching prices and looking around. I had one picked out in NY that sold while the sales guy was out one weekend. I knew if I got a C2 I would have S envy so that made the searching even tougher since my budget was so low.

I ended up finding a nice ride on in CA and went out to take a look. It is great for the money. A 2005 C2S with just under 50k on the clock. Black interior, Sport Chrono, Bose, Heated seats, color center caps, and CPO for 2 years from purchase date.

That was 3 weeks ago. The shipping company arranged thru the dealer picked it up a full week after a bought it. The truck it was on broke an axle. They hit traffic on the way up. Finally on Friday at about 6pm (car was supposed to be here at 1pm) the car was offloaded from behind 4 others. I drive it home, gather my things, pack my bags and go for a 260 mile trip from MA to NJ for a family gathering.

The car is great. It does all the right things that everyone on the forum already knows about. Sure I could be happier if it had less miles, was newer, blah blah blah…but in the end it is a damn good car and I love every minute of it!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
It looks great !

i know u've been searching for a while.. glad u found one u like !

Huge Congrats!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 PM
pcs
pcs has a spectacular aura aboutpcs has a spectacular aura about
Glad it worked out for you - I think that it's a real nice car.

Enjoy!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome to 6speed. Enjoy her in good health.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM
AC911 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the car... I have the same year/color... mine is non-S though.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Sweet! I'm sure it felt great to go on a long drive after waiting all that time after you bought it! Nice lookin car.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looks great, just need to switch to clear markers.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 PM
gscotts is infamous around these parts
congratulations, use it in good health.

similar story here, shipping company just picked it up at the dealer, bought in 2 weeks ago and it should be here within 5 days. the wait is so grueling. I went for a C2 with less miles than an S, I hope i don't regret that. Good move on finding an S.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM
docfink is infamous around these parts
29yo and driving that?! Two words: Enjoy it!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and enjoy the car. Don't sweat the miles, I'm sure you got a great deal.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM
fanboy is infamous around these parts
Congrats! She looks like a beauty. Enjoy!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
congrats & enjoy your new ride....get ready to have your wallet shrinks for the mods

Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Major congrats man! I'm still saving up to get mine but soon enough the time will come. Must feel great to finally get it!
You should def post more pics. Enjoy!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
Drool.
Congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: finally in my driveway