997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed the Fabspeed competition intake today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
pillon1899 is infamous around these parts
I ordered it from Fabspeed. also can someone tell how i can get a picture of the car to show up next to my name?. I have uploaded some pictures to the garage but cant see how I show it next to my user ID. thanks.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 AM
VTach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pillon1899
yes its not quite as easy as the video looks!. For a start the rubber inserts for the heat shield do not fit in the holes and i did have to shave a little off with a Stanley knife. Even still i could only get the dam things started by hand. in the end I put the fasteners in hand tight(just so i had something solid to hit!) and wait for it....close your eyes...got a block of wood and a hammer to push them on there way!!. also the AL bar that attaches to the block does not sit any where near flat on the carbon intake on mine. this is because it would have been impossible to get the red hose on at the business end. so i literally just got the AL support fastener started(to allow max adjustment at the other end) then fought with getting the red hose on for 5 minutes. once the hose was on i went back and tightened the AL support bar as far as i dared.!!. it looks real slick now it in though!
I already had the full fabspeed kit apart from the intake on the car. it sounds fantastic(more exotic note) and a lot louder when when accelerating hard but no louder when cruising. there is not doubt it is possible to feel a gain in power. how much?..i don't know but it feel quicker. would i recommend it. yes, you must get it!.
As Pillon says, the rubber well-nuts are a little snug but IMO far better than the smaller well-nuts that were shipped when the product was first released. The smaller well-nuts didn't hold the shield in place with the motion of the engine under normal driving conditions. Switching to the larger size solved the problem.

I used a short socket extension to barely dilate the mounting holes, added a small bit of your favorite water based lubricant and the well-nuts fit perfectly.

Customer service at Fabspeed is excellent. Highly recommend it.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dark911
where did you order it from?
We're direct with Fabspeed and have the best prices on all Fabspeed products!

We can help you Porschephiles with your requests!

Old 07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
pillon1899 is infamous around these parts
pictures of my air intake added

look real nice!!. love it

Attached Images    
Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
looks great. might upgrade but just got the original Fabspeed CAI put in.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback and the intake it looks great Alex. I know the grommets are a tight fit and we are going to modify them a little so they going in much easier. I will have them ready for shipping next week and I can offer a $40 6speed member discount to anyone thats interested. Let me know if you would like one and I will hold one for you. You can call me directly with your information or you can PM me and I will call you when its ready to ship. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 07-06-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:05 PM
tomcat14623 is infamous around these parts
I love it

Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback and the intake it looks great Alex. I know the grommets are a tight fit and we are going to modify them a little so they going in much easier. I will have them ready for shipping next week and I can offer a $40 6speed member discount to anyone thats interested. Let me know if you would like one and I will hold one for you. You can call me directly with your information or you can PM me and I will call you when its ready to ship. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

Just wanted thank Alex for his help on the competition intake. I've had it for a couple of months and really loved it. It looks sounds and feels amazing. What else can I ask for . I've had a bunch of track days with it and my car redlines earlier than before. I got a lot of compliments on the track with it. I have the 200 cell cat which is also fantastic.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:28 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I feel the same with my fabspeed CAI. I first got the tubi exhaust with cross bars and bmc air filters. Then a few months later got the softtronic tune. At this point I did not feel that much improvement in performance. Then a few months later I got the fabspeed CAI. It not only looks and sounds much better, but it pulls much harder after 3k rpm. It feels like a new car after this last mod. Maybe I am delusional about he increase in performance but thats OK by me. Enjoy!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:05 PM
tomcat14623 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I feel the same with my fabspeed CAI. I first got the tubi exhaust with cross bars and bmc air filters. Then a few months later got the softtronic tune. At this point I did not feel that much improvement in performance. Then a few months later I got the fabspeed CAI. It not only looks and sounds much better, but it pulls much harder after 3k rpm. It feels like a new car after this last mod. Maybe I am delusional about he increase in performance but thats OK by me. Enjoy!
Exactly !!! It pulls much harder after 3k on the street and on the track (5-6k) is even more amazing. I red-lined a couple of times on a part of a track that I didn't expect to it before the CAI. So I know it pulled harder for sure. It does feel like a new car. So if you are delusional, that makes it two of us.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Dial911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Thanks,
Alex, are you still offering the $40 discount? Thanks, K

Old 10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
The Alex Man, I recently completed the same install, although with the "Y" dual tip version. While extremely satisfied with the fit and finish, I would like to extend the heat shield for greater separation of the intake from the engine bay - any interest in trying to compare notes on a design to make this happen ? Thanks.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
Will the dealership void my warrantee if I install this product?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dial911
Alex, are you still offering the $40 discount? Thanks, K
Hi Dial911, yes I will still honor the $40 Discount for you. PM me or email me at Alex@fabspeed.com if you are interested or have any questions and get it handled for you.

Originally Posted by jacques1960
The Alex Man, I recently completed the same install, although with the "Y" dual tip version. While extremely satisfied with the fit and finish, I would like to extend the heat shield for greater separation of the intake from the engine bay - any interest in trying to compare notes on a design to make this happen ? Thanks.
Hi Jacques, thanks for the feedback and we are always looking for improvements, so feel free to email me or pm me your info and I will look into it with my guys for our next production on the heat shields.

Originally Posted by h1sp
Will the dealership void my warrantee if I install this product?
Hi h1sp, no this Intake upgrade will not affect your warranty in any way and only make an improvement on your car for sound and power. Let me know if you have any questions at all and PM if you are interested in the Intake and I will work out a 6speed member discount for you.

Thanks guys,

Old 10-25-2010, 07:26 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
What happens when it rains?