997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Nr auto caveat emptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the old adage " You get what you pay for. " And while there are folks out there that will over price their stuff because it's for a Porsche, the stuff that's too cheap to believe usually is.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice

Originally Posted by John L
...and if I was really pissed I would let some folks know on the other forums too. He'll lose more in business than he bargined for....

quality works wins in the end (most of the time)

Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Startac is infamous around these parts
that is odd

Well, Neal asked that I send him some pics. After ten pics, he replies that he has never seen one split after being painted, and would get with his manufactorer. Which means nothing to me. He still has yet to reimburse me for the re-work for the base. Now the blade is splitting. My body shop stated he could fix it, but it would be major surgery and cost probably $700, as he would have to dissamble the complete wing and use some kind of bonding agent (Corvette, sp), re-prep, then paint again to fix the problem. I don't know if it is cost effective to sink another .01 in this sub-par wing, although my body shop guy promised me it would fix it, or just bite the bullet and buy a Techart. Any suggestions? Oh, yeah, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM NR AUTO!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
MA shaw, betterboddies (gt3tek), Getty, misha and OEM are all good options and aren't that much more money when you consider how much you'll spend on prep and paint.

Some of these guys have been making bits for air-cooled cars for ages with excellent results.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 PM
BLKonBLK911C4S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atr911
MA shaw, betterboddies (gt3tek), Getty, misha and OEM are all good options and aren't that much more money when you consider how much you'll spend on prep and paint.

Some of these guys have been making bits for air-cooled cars for ages with excellent results.

I have been looking at a wing on Getty as well. I was curious abou their quality, service and reputation. Sounds like they are a winner.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Correction. The 997 TK Style wing at betterbodies is only $850 + Shipping. Wow! Are you sure they are good quality?? Sounds to good to be true
997 TK STYLE Wing

Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Personally, I would never buy fiberglass body parts. OEM style Polyurethane is the way to go.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLKonBLK911C4S
Correction. The 997 TK Style wing at betterbodies is only $850 + Shipping. Wow! Are you sure they are good quality?? Sounds to good to be true
997 TK STYLE Wing
I live in San Diego, so I checked out their shop once & looked at their products up close, & they seem pretty top notch to me. But, I never bought anything so I can't say how they hold up. I do know that they make a lot of their stuff in either fiberglass OR polyurethane, albeit the poly is a little more expensive but I would say it's definetely worth it. Fiberglass is for ricers in my opinion & doesn't belong on P-cars.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Bought some RUF bumpers for a 911 from betterboddies about 10 years ago and they were great. FYI GT3tek is the urathane division of BB

Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
essayons is infamous around these parts
pics of wing?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Exclamation

At this point we do not want to go back and forth in the blame game. The facts are not as Steve states. We waited until the part was completed and it did take a bit longer than anticipated. When we were told that there was a fitment issue with the part we offered him the choice of returning the part for a replacement, which he did not want to do. Instead he said that he would find out how much his shop would charge for the modification of the base. When we were told the amount we told him that it was quite unreasonable and the base could be modified here for much less than the price he was quoted or we could send him a new base that had the updated modifications. He and Neal agreed that we would pay ½ the amount of the cost of the modification work done by his shop. . If Steve chose not to understand these terms we cannot allow this statement to go without an answer. I suggest it is “selective listening” on his part. We subcontract with a company that has been making our parts for more than 15 years. Neal is actively involved in this process. While we do not physically make our products they are all exclusively made for our company. When Steve called and then sent pictures of the damaged blade it was agreed that we would send him a new one. For Steve to post negative statements without regard to our attempts to honor our commitment is a sad commentary to his character. To try to intimidate a business rather than deal with our response to him that we would take care of this part does not make a lot of sense. We have been in business since 1986 and have dealt with many body shops, dealers, retail and wholesale customers. Our Website Gallery has 13 pages of photos from customers that have our parts installed on their cars. All of these pictures are from satisfied customers. Obviously, they would not send us pictures for our Gallery if they were not happy with their purchases from NR Automobile. If from time to time we encounter a problem we try to deal with it in a professional manner. It is easy for someone like Steve to write whatever he wants and disperse inaccurate statements. Rather than ignore someone stating misinformation we are choosing to provide the correct information.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Exclamation

We spoke to Steve today and we agreed that he would post a new reply once he receives the replacement wing blade, retracing his negative comments of our company.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
NR Auto,

It seems as though Steve was not the only commenting on problems they have had with your company.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I am not sure why, but I got PM a few days ago from Neal asking me for Pics of the wing I bought from you guys?????? I have not bought a wing from your company or anyone else for that matter. I am contemplating a wing........

Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This thread is closed. Please PM me when there is an update or resolution to the situation.

-bob