997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheel Stripes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2010 | 02:19 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I think I like it better without. Both look good, but in different ways. I think it all boils down to "where do I want to draw my eye". With the stripes, your eye is drawn right there...the wheels are highlighted. The question is, is this what you want to be the focus when you first see the car? On other cars that have "bling" everywhere, the wheel stripes blend into the the rest of the car as if they aren't even there. On a car that is subtle, the wheel stripes bring your eye right to them. JMO.

J

Old 06-05-2010 | 02:29 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

That turned out pretty nice.

Go with what YOU like. (with the wife's approval......)

Old 06-05-2010 | 03:15 PM
AC911 is infamous around these parts
Quick parenthesis here....For those who had the wheels painted or powder-coated (to black or other colors)... don't they show the chrome/silver underneath if/when they get chipped? Thanks..

Old 07-06-2011 | 01:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think it looks great I have my wheels on my GT2 body color as well and want to maybe try yellow pin striping to match the calipers...

Old 07-06-2011 | 01:49 PM
lilindienplaya is infamous around these parts
Some people like the time attacks and others will bash them. I personally like them if they go with the wheel style. There's a BMW wheel supplier that sells a ring that can be installed and removed at anytime, this is a good thing for someone that isn't too sure if they would like them or not. Also they may protect the wheels from a slight wheel curb one day

Old 07-06-2011 | 01:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ who is this supplier? Will the ring work with my factory GT2 wheels? Does the ring come in yellow to match my PCCBs?

Old 07-06-2011 | 02:01 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I get compliments all the time on my rims and pinstripe. I have yellow seatbelts and PCCB which kinda flows together with all black car, not to mention that at night it's reflective and makes a different statement
one good thing about it that when I get tired of it I'll remove it

Old 07-06-2011 | 02:10 PM
^^^ Hey Sid where did you get yours at? Got a link? I have one source so far from the OP, just want to compare with yours...How do you like the quality and ease of installation on yours?

Old 07-06-2011 | 02:42 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
imho next thing this yellow stuff on rims asks for is a green neon light under the car.
not my choice.

Old 07-06-2011 | 03:06 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ Hey Sid where did you get yours at? Got a link? I have one source so far from the OP, just want to compare with yours...How do you like the quality and ease of installation on yours?
Sunir my desi bro, you've seen the car in person, it's PITA to install it unless you remove the rims off the car and lay it down flat on the bench/table to get the line straight, quality is great no peeling or anything from heat etc and multiple car washes..
here is a link
http://www.amazon.com/Reflective-Mot...=pd_sim_auto_1

Old 07-06-2011 | 03:08 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fine to me . Offers a separation from the black tires and black rims and better defines the edge of the rim. The price difference is pretty spectacular even for Porsche.

Old 07-06-2011 | 03:09 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Actually the yellow strip gets the blue neon light. Everybody knows that the green neon light goes with the red strip.

Old 07-06-2011 | 06:36 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
If you are happy with it (no second thoughts) then leave it, don't listen to haters, but if you are not sure, then it's probable better to take them off.

Old 07-06-2011 | 06:51 PM
ol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of lightol'blkbty is a glorious beacon of light
Im a sucker for red and black! Two thumbs up!
LMAO at the neon comments!

Old 07-06-2011 | 09:09 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Hey Jack
Thanks for the post, and the line on the cheap DIY. Very cool.
I'm on the fence about how it looks on your wheels. Not sure.
Honestly I think it works better on the lobsters and the twists. But I'm looking at pics on a screen. So who knows.
Maybe yours needs another small, thin red element to pick up on the side of your car - a 1/4" red tape stripe just inside the door jamb? Just a thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Stripes?