997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

KW V3 Setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
KW V3 Setup?

The KW V3 coilovers arriving soon, I was wondering how to install and setup the parts.
I'd like to drop an inch at the back (+ remove my 16mm spacers), and 0.50 inch at the front (still no scraping). And leaving the comfort level (stiffness) the same.
Is there any how-to thread (for how many turns and adjustments) or videos that could help me out?

Cheers!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I am looking at getting coilovers myself not sure which ones to go with.I auotcross alot and track around 3 times a year.I was just wondering why you choose to go with the KW.thanks

Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I have been reading the reviews of what people use on their car, and I decided to go with the KW's. This board is a great source from a to z, I'm sure you will be able to make the best choice also. Now what about that setup and installation?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
I have been reading the reviews of what people use on their car, and I decided to go with the KW's. This board is a great source from a to z, I'm sure you will be able to make the best choice also. Now what about that setup and installation?

Some adjustment to the height will need to be made at the time of install, to get them exactly where you want. Of course, your best bet is to then get the car corner-balanced by a qualified shop.

As for compression/rebound, KW ships the shocks preset to an optimal setting for road use. Once you receive them, there's an install manual included that will tell you what these settings are, and how to adjust them if you need to. If you need a copy of this manual, let me know, I can email it to you.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:22 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
I would think that each car, even with the same suspension setup, would be slightly different. Although someone may have some initial settings and measurments to get you in the ballpark, you'll still have to do some fine tuning to get your P car sitting exactly like you want it. If you're planning on doing the work yourself, I think there may be some Porsche-specific tools that you'll need to complete the job. Good luck and post your results.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned
Hi Tom,
Yes please send me an email. I just talked to Justin and placed an order for a RSS Rollbar He has my email address and I'd appreciate if you sent it to me and if you got some more hints during installation
Cheers!

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Some adjustment to the height will need to be made at the time of install, to get them exactly where you want. Of course, your best bet is to then get the car corner-balanced by a qualified shop.

As for compression/rebound, KW ships the shocks preset to an optimal setting for road use. Once you receive them, there's an install manual included that will tell you what these settings are, and how to adjust them if you need to. If you need a copy of this manual, let me know, I can email it to you.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hi Tom,
Yes please send me an email. I just talked to Justin and placed an order for a RSS Rollbar He has my email address and I'd appreciate if you sent it to me and if you got some more hints during installation
Cheers!
You got it! I'll send it over as soon as I grab your email from him.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Are you planning on doing the install yourself?

Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Are you planning on doing the install yourself?
I have a local guy who does every single thing on my car. He is very experienced and knowledgable. I received some detailed info about installation and setup from Champion. Cheers to them!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I have a local guy who does every single thing on my car. He is very experienced and knowledgable. I received some detailed info about installation and setup from Champion. Cheers to them!
Nice, Let us know what your impressions are after you get some seat time with them. I am looking into possibly switching my Damptronics out to KW V3's.

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned
Nice, Let us know what your impressions are after you get some seat time with them. I am looking into possibly switching my Damptronics out to KW V3's.

Thanks!
Sure no problem, will do Cheers!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned
And I heard Champion's always open for some + rep points

Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
I did and never looked back... PASM is overrated ... Flame Suit on

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by attic2zoo
i did and never looked back... Pasm is overrated ... Flame suit on
+1. Kw ftw

Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by attic2zoo
I did and never looked back... PASM is overrated ... Flame Suit on

James, how would you compare the overall street ride?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KW V3 Setup?