997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Vertini Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 PM
NickD is infamous around these parts
Vertini Wheels

Anyone have any experience with theses wheels? Considering getting a set of the "riviera".

For pics, price and fitments copy and paste the following address:

http://www.vertiniwheels.com/images/...a/riviera.html

They are going on a 08 911S which has an 8" front & 11" rear and these are 8.5" front & 10.5" rear, but I was told that for regular driving this should not be a problem with the stock tires. I then plan to use the stock wheels for track days with track tires mounted on them.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by NickD; 06-03-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: active link to non sponsor business
Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Do they make them with the proper offsets and bolt pattern?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Yes. Copy and paste the address I provided above to take a look...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NickD
Yes. Copy and paste the address I provided above to take a look...
I don't see the offsets. In any case, I'm not clear about whether they are forged or forged look. Have you looked at BBS, Champion, or HRE wheels that are very high quality wheels used by many Porsche owners? They make similar style wheels and have a great reputation. I don't know the reputation or quality of these wheels you're looking at. But they do look nice.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I love ALL the wheels you mentioned but what I really like about these is:

They are only $1,800 for all four.

Including removing the tires and TPM's from my stock wheels and installed and balanced on the new - from a very reputable Ft Lauderdale based custom wheel shop, that I've done business with before.

In all honesty I was all set to get the Axis Penta's (in hyper black) for the same price (which have the same exact fitment as these) but when they called to get them they where told that they are currently unavailable.

So after doing a little research I found these.

But to answer your question, obviously based on the price...they are NOT a 2 piece forged rim.

But again, for a kick around wheel - I think they look pretty nice. I just wish I knew someone that has some experience with Vertini.

Last edited by NickD; 06-03-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
tri
tri is infamous around these parts
What's wrong with your stock wheels? IMO those wheels are just not for our cars. The stock wheels looks much better than that crap. Remember that wheels and tires are the only connection you have to the road. If you are going to change them out, make sure they are an upgrade compared to stock.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
They are good wheels for the price. They are 1-piece cast wheels fairly strong but that obviously comes with added weight. They do have some
nice designs. Let me know, i can quote you out on a wheel tire package.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Automotive Connoisseur
They are good wheels for the price. They are 1-piece cast wheels fairly strong but that obviously comes with added weight. .
+1....they look nice but those rims are heavy...for 19" they're about
32 lbs front / 34 lbs rear..you'll probably feel the difference in performance...here's a thread I started about this wheel.What do you think of this wheel?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey, thanks for the info to the thread, thats good to know and concerns me a bit. Do you know how the Axis Penta's compare in weight?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NickD
Hey, thanks for the info to the thread, thats good to know and concerns me a bit. Do you know how the Axis Penta's compare in weight?
19x8.5 ------------> 24.8 lbs
19x9.5 -------------> 25.4 lbs

20x9 --------------> 29 lbs
20x10 -------------> 30 lbs

these are much lighter than the Vertini's

Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Its coming down to the wire. I am scheduled to have these wheels installed Thursday morning so if anyone else has any experience with these particular wheels, I would appeciate hearing about it. Thanks!!!

Name:  on car.jpg
Views: 1737
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  riviera-mib-2-sml.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  9.3 KB

Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Dont like them. For the money you want to spend I would do a set of OZ wheels. They are light strong and purpose built....

Jason

Old 06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
way too heavy.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
there cheap *** rims, buy some oz's or keep the stock wheels

Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vertini Wheels