997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Whew, close call in parking lot..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
[quote=robfxlr;2865267]
One can never fully plan out the perfect parking spot, other than inside my home garage, plugged into my porsche battery maintainer and under a cover; but just wanted to relay my close call.............
quote]

I used to feel safer too with my Porsche, when it was parked inside in the garage. Then my 12 year old son's friend knocked over a bicycle onto the car and dinged the rear quarter panel. I was exasperated but couldn't really criticize my boy's friend as it was unintentional. I've been looking for a good ding remover in the Boston area since. Good thing I didn't get it fixed because a few weeks ago my son, by himself, knocks over the same bicycle into my car. This one left an even bigger ding along with a long scratch. Now.... I'm looking for the ding remover!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
[quote=MarathonBob;2867024]
Originally Posted by robfxlr
One can never fully plan out the perfect parking spot, other than inside my home garage, plugged into my porsche battery maintainer and under a cover; but just wanted to relay my close call.............
quote]

I used to feel safer too with my Porsche, when it was parked inside in the garage. Then my 12 year old son's friend knocked over a bicycle onto the car and dinged the rear quarter panel. I was exasperated but couldn't really criticize my boy's friend as it was unintentional. I've been looking for a good ding remover in the Boston area since. Good thing I didn't get it fixed because a few weeks ago my son, by himself, knocks over the same bicycle into my car. This one left an even bigger ding along with a long scratch. Now.... I'm looking for the ding remover!
Note to self: install bike hangers in the garage, and put cover on car when bikes are moved near the car.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
YES, theat pic is fairly close to what the pickup did over the nose of my black 09 997.2- I am quite sure your pic was posed though!

Howdy Mike, where are you - Martin? PB?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:55 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by robfxlr
Howdy Mike, where are you - Martin? PB?
Palm City. Not too many Porsche's around, but starting to see more and more.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
PalmCity......

Hey Mike....................

Hammock Creek Estates here..............I do seem to notice a decent amount of carreras around town.

Here's to you Ken in Irvine................

Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Ha! Same neighborhood.