997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

FABSPEED for 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 AM
jo2e6y is infamous around these parts
Question FABSPEED for 997.2

Hi everyone,

I have a 2009 997.2 C2 with Fabspeed's Primary Muffler Bypass X-Pipe with Techart tips.
I want to see what other Fabspeed products I can add to get an improvement in exhaust note.

What would the 2ndary Muffler Bypass Pipe, Dual-Tone Maxflo Muffler, and High Performance Air Intake with Carbon Fiber Heatshield do for sound?

Any suggestions on leaving which pieces as stock and which to swap out for Fabspeed? keeping a budget in mind..

I look forward in hearing any suggestions.
Thanks!

photo of my car..(white ...)

Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 AM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
I have the intake, adds a nice sound at high rpm.

The secondary bypass is VERY VERY loud. not for daily drivers and im sure there is a lot of drone.

The maxflo mufflers sound nice with the x pipe. Louder than stock but not annoying loud.

IMO, best combo would be the x pipe (which you have) , mufflers, and the intake. I suggest you try the sound with the intake first, see how that goes. If you think its not enough then you can go for the mufflers.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
I have the intake, adds a nice sound at high rpm.

The secondary bypass is VERY VERY loud. not for daily drivers and im sure there is a lot of drone.

The maxflo mufflers sound nice with the x pipe. Louder than stock but not annoying loud.

IMO, best combo would be the x pipe (which you have) , mufflers, and the intake. I suggest you try the sound with the intake first, see how that goes. If you think its not enough then you can go for the mufflers.
Additional note, my 2009 is PDK.

THANKS! your explanation was super clear.

There is quite a bit of drone with the x pipe i noticed.. (between when i lift my foot off the break and on to the gas pedal) the whole car kinda vibrates...

Best part with x pipe so far is the start up sound and during in first and second gear...

With x pipe, it feels like during high RPM, there's not much sound..I'm uncertain if it's because I have a coupe so the top is blocking the sound out or I'm not stepping on the pedal hard enough

You mentioned, intake would sound good in high RPM, is there any other perks with the intake?

Im wondering if there's a way to make the down shift sound louder...
On the ferrari f1 430 w/ tubi it's very noticeable when ever i shift, however on the porsche...no sound.

for mufflers, you mentioned loud..when is it loud? only when i press on pedal? The ferrari is loud...24/7 foot on the pedal or not.. it is bit annoying at times...

Please let me know! thanks!!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 AM
If you want those downshifts to be noticeable like on the f430, you are going to have to change the mufflers since the stock porsche mufflers are very restrictive. Tubi also makes mufflers for the 2009 997. I heard it sounds very nice but its gonna cost more than the competition. Other options for mufflers include Cargraphic,Fabspeed, Akrapovic,FVD, and Rennsport-1.

I have the Rennsport-1 single muffler. You remove all the mufflers from the car( primary and seondary) and use a single one instead. It gives the car a heavier sound but sounds very exotic at high rpm. Only tiny issue with this is that there is a little drone from 2000-3000 rpm. Its not that bad though. Also this system saves a good amount of weight from the car. I would say at full throttle this muffler makes the car sound as loud(maybe louder ) than an f430. Also the downshifts sound nice with this muffler.

The fabspeed secondary bypass will make the car loud ALL the time, even with slight throttle. I think its gonna be very annoying.

Feel free to ask any question

Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 AM
If you want those downshifts to be noticeable like on the f430, you are going to have to change the mufflers since the stock porsche mufflers are very restrictive. Tubi also makes mufflers for the 2009 997. I heard it sounds very nice but its gonna cost more than the competition. Other options for mufflers include Cargraphic,Fabspeed, Akrapovic,FVD, and Rennsport-1.

I have the Rennsport-1 single muffler. You remove all the mufflers from the car( primary and seondary) and use a single one instead. It gives the car a heavier sound but sounds very exotic at high rpm. Only tiny issue with this is that there is a little drone from 2000-3000 rpm. Its not that bad though. Also this system saves a good amount of weight from the car. I would say at full throttle this muffler makes the car sound as loud(maybe louder ) than an f430. Also the downshifts sound nice with this muffler.

The fabspeed secondary bypass will make the car loud ALL the time, even with slight throttle. I think its gonna be very annoying.

Feel free to ask any question

Thanks for the information, seems like Fabspeed are priced fairly reasonably, so i might just stick with it as i already have the x pipe.

you mentioned you have single muffler, does that mean you have center exhaust like gt3?

hmmm louder than the f430 with tubi, ill see if i can get together a video...to compare my 911 and 430.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Its a single muffler but not center exit.
here it is :
http://www.rennsport-one.com/activac...ProductoID=268

BTW i cant compare an 430 with tubi to this since i never heard the tubi exhaust on an f430 in person.

Also i forgot to mention, in my opinion, i believe that the rennsport-1 exhaust doesn't change the characteristic of the porsche sound, only makes it louder and meaner. While tubi for example changes the sound completely.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Its a single muffler but not center exit.
here it is :
http://www.rennsport-one.com/activac...ProductoID=268

BTW i cant compare an 430 with tubi to this since i never heard the tubi exhaust on an f430 in person.

Also i forgot to mention, in my opinion, i believe that the rennsport-1 exhaust doesn't change the characteristic of the porsche sound, only makes it louder and meaner. While tubi for example changes the sound completely.

i see i see, does fabspeed change the Porsche characteristic sound?
tubi sounds bit more italian?

Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Nice TTS also. I had one before my 997 S. Very competent, excellent DD. Extremely underrated. Only downside, very few engine mods in the US and that terrible turbo lag.