997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CCW wheels center cups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
CCW wheels center caps

Hi,

Do we have here any DIY people who found any plastic wheel center cups that do fit (with superglue/god/satan/etc help) into CCW C14 or similar wheels?

I do not want to send them in for threading to get aluminum real CCW centers as they are heay but I beleive it should be possible to fit there some standard plastic ones with some creativity. not if that would matter much to me but I just do not like open holes in centers.

Last edited by utkinpol; 06-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
just measured - it seems like diameter of center holes is 2" 12/16.
center of those wheels looks exactly like on my lexus - t just needs plastic cups with longer grabs to go beyond wheel aluminum. is there any place that makes cheap custom center cups?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
I just painted the rusty hubs silver and called it a day.

I dont mind no center caps since the wheels are only on for track days.

dr

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by machina
I just painted the rusty hubs silver and called it a day.

I dont mind no center caps since the wheels are only on for track days.

dr
kumhos i got should be fine on street too plus I would simply melt up inner plastic cap edges... just need to find caps that fits there, into 2"12/16th center. it should exist somewhere. bare center nut looks ugly.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
" do not want to send them in for threading to get aluminum real CCW centers as they are heay "

for real...what kind of weight are we talking?

1 - get center caps in aluminum
2 - to reduce weight after caps are installed remove all clothing before driving

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by gloves
" do not want to send them in for threading to get aluminum real CCW centers as they are heay "

for real...what kind of weight are we talking?
for real - do not want them. end of story.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
The Ccw center caps press fit with double row o rings I have some but never use them. At the track you should not use center caps especially plastic ones. Or are you useing Ccw wheels for the street only?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Black_Flag is infamous around these parts
CCW C14's were never intended to have center caps, as they are racing wheels. You are going to search forever to find a cap that works correctly. C10 and C140 wheels will accept caps and there are 2 different CCW caps for those wheels, super thin that weigh nothing, and taller caps that weigh a few ounces.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by utkinpol
for real - do not want them. end of story.
my "for real" was in referral to them being heavy. as i would think that at most you would be talking about 10 grams each. just a guess tho.