997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 and new boxster pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:30 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
997 and new boxster pic

Last edited by DJ; 11-15-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
they look same again.
like the 996 and 986
heheheh.

Opps! they did it again.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:31 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DJ; 11-15-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Saw them both at the LA Auto Show, and although the changes are subtle, at the same time they are quite different to my mind. Where I prefer the 986 over the 996, I much prefer the 997 over the 987. The muscular stance of the 997 is fantastic, particularly the rear quarter.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Darren,

Have you ordered your Carrera S Cabriolet yet?

Kurt

Old 01-27-2005, 01:48 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
I personally like the front of the new boxster. It looks more aggressive with the larger air scoops

Old 01-27-2005, 03:31 PM
DJ
No kurt I am holding off on it till i drive one around for an afternoon. The way the mkt is softening for 996 TT cabs I think it would be crazy to spend $100k on an "s" cab when i see many 04 TT cabs for $110k with under 4k miles

Old 01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Know what you mean, Darren. I'm not a big fan of the TT cab, however, but it's so hard to spend the same amount on an S cab as on a used TT cab. I'd wait until the S showed a little depreciation as well, then it would be certainly less than the TT cab.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:25 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
I think I am the only person on 6speed who likes the lobster fork wheels. Those are sweet.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Darren
No kurt I am holding off on it till i drive one around for an afternoon. The way the mkt is softening for 996 TT cabs I think it would be crazy to spend $100k on an "s" cab when i see many 04 TT cabs for $110k with under 4k miles
Yeah, I know what you mean. My problem is I don't really like all wheel drive. I've gone through a couple different suspensions on my X-50 and it still doesn't thrill me. It's fast but I like the feel of rear wheel drive better. And I like a lighter car.

So I don't think a TT cab would make me any happier.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:36 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Kurt RSF
Yeah, I know what you mean. My problem is I don't really like all wheel drive. I've gone through a couple different suspensions on my X-50 and it still doesn't thrill me. It's fast but I like the feel of rear wheel drive better. And I like a lighter car.

So I don't think a TT cab would make me any happier.
welcome to the dark side :-)

Old 01-28-2005, 07:30 AM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by keoni1978
I personally like the front of the new boxster. It looks more aggressive with the larger air scoops
The sad thing is that of the three intakes on the 987 S, the middle one is completely closed and doesn't do anything and the 2 side ones are only half open. The 986 S had 3 fully functional openings and they were there for a reason. It seems that Porsche has decided to rely of form over function in this case.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
NASTY INCEST

Old 01-29-2005, 04:47 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
I like the lobster fork wheels too, that's why I ordered the car with them.

Old 01-29-2005, 05:34 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally posted by DiMisa1977
I think I am the only person on 6speed who likes the lobster fork wheels. Those are sweet.
i like it.
But i would need another set of wheels as well.

Raja

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 and new boxster pic