997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Car Cover Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM
BrianALynch is infamous around these parts
Car Cover Advice

I could use a bit of advice; I am looking to buy a good indoor car cover for 2010 -911 4s.

Any advice and or where you got it would be great.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:30 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
In years past I've purchased a couple covers from California Car Cover ( www.calcarcover.com ). They offer a number of different covers, from something to keep the dust off if you store the car inside ("Dustoff"), to more than one cover if you store the car outside, or leave it outside for extended periods ("Super Weave", "Noah", or others).

When you check out the website, be sure to read the "How to select the right cover" portion of the link. It'll tell you why it's good to get a light (gray) cover if your car is light colored.

I'm trying to figure out right now which cover to pull the trigger on. I'm inclined to go with a Super Weave cover, since they compress into a smaller package than the Noah or other covers.

Not sure if that helps, but CCC has worked for me over the years.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
csmarkham is infamous around these parts
[quote=NC 997;2886388]In years past I've purchased a couple covers from California Car Cover ( www.calcarcover.com ). They offer a number of different covers, from something to keep the dust off if you store the car inside ("Dustoff"), to more than one cover if you store the car outside, or leave it outside for extended periods ("Super Weave", "Noah", or others).

How's the fit on the CalCover products you've purchased? My problem in the past on outdoor covers is that you must lock them down or they will simply blow off. Then your cover is in the dirt and you have to find a way to wash it before you put it back on the car. Almost as aggravating as the cat footprints that I got the car cover to protect against in the first place! I'd like an outdoor cover that would stay in place w/o cabling. Is there such a thing?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Good question, and good point.. I've never had any issues with a CCC cover coming off, primarily because I do tend to cable-lock it on when I leave the car covered for extended periods.

I'm not sure anyone makes a cover that will stay on during a windy day w/o cabling, since air getting under the cover produces a good amount of pressure 'up'.

Since I'm currently shopping, I'm open to options other than CCC.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:50 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
I have a Dustop cover and like the fit and material. Came highly recommended from several members at Rennlist.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Harvey in MD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MLindgren
I have a Dustop cover and like the fit and material.
+1

Harvey

Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
awl_danville is infamous around these parts
I have had good luck with the factory Porsche covers---for outdoor use in particular. It zips up on the left rear side--no cables--impossible for it to blow off and I'm amazed at how clean the car stays even after extended periods. Only downside is they are expensive..

Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 PM
PHDX2 is infamous around these partsPHDX2 is infamous around these parts
Check out Coverking's Autobody Armor. It has a super soft interior lining and fits like a glove. I've used many covers over the years and I view Autobody Armor to be the best.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Get the OEM cover - nice discount from Sunset or Suncoast.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM
997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice997sRider is just really nice
Originally Posted by PHDX2
Check out Coverking's Autobody Armor. It has a super soft interior lining and fits like a glove. I've used many covers over the years and I view Autobody Armor to be the best.
I have one too. I really like it. Little pricey but worth it. I park the car in pretty windy area and never a problem. It fits like a glove.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 AM
BrianALynch is infamous around these parts
my decision

Well I ordered a Porsche indoor cover from Suncoast. Had best price I could find, we will see how I like it. Was in stock also!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
In the past I've spent the money to get the exact cover for the car I was covering... California Car Covers was my choice of vendor... They make a nice cover in several materials to cover just about any set of circumstances.. indoors/outdoors...

Then and now I always stored indoors/heated garage.... The last cover I bought was from Costco and just came in three sizes Lg md. sm.. To tell you the truth it worked great for indoor storage at a cost of around 40 bucks... The California covers were custom and cost around 200 bucks... THey couldn't be used for a different car and were handed over the the new owner of the car as they were of no use to me anymore. The Costco cover now covers the new Porsche and when I sell the car I'll be keeping the cover for the next car....I like the loose fit better than the custom.