997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear seat removal hole cover kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
what is the weight savings ?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I even replaced the black plastic caps over the bolt heads.
What did you use ?

I'm not concerned with weight loss but rather gaining space for luggage and storage. Is there an appreciable space gain by removing the seat backs and seat??????
Yeah that was a lot of my motivation as well. You gain a bit of space (its easier to fit a child seat for example), but mainly it makes it much easier to use the whole space because you don't have to mess around with putting the seat back up or down.

Has anyone out there purchased the roof storage contraption?
I looked at it, it's just a generic Thule luggage lozenge. I'm sure it works fine, but of course it gives you a big wind-catcher on your roof. Just the Porsche rack with nothing mounted on it is bad enough!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cbzzoom
What did you use ?

From what I remember, where the seatbelt bolts down there are some round plastic bolt head caps. I will try to get a pic of my rear seat area sometime soon to show you.