997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear seat removal hole cover kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Rear seat removal hole cover kit?

So I removed my rear seats today (cuz the girlfriend is out of town so I'm allowed to play with my car).

It was easy enough (thanks to instructions on the forums!)

Hmm .. I really like the car without the rear seats, but there are a bunch of nasty holes left behind. That might be okay for a track only car, but for a street car it looks super ghetto, and you might drop junk inside the interior panels. Not cool.

Does anyone make a kit of little plastic bits to cover the holes where the rear seat hardware attaches? (does Porsche?)

Old 06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I removed my rears..what holes are you talking about? Got any pics?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:26 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
I removed my rears..what holes are you talking about? Got any pics?
+1 I have three points that the seats would connect to, that are hardly noticeable.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
+1 I have three points that the seats would connect to, that are hardly noticeable.
Hmm I guess I went a little too nuts with removing stuff

I saw all those metal posts sticking out that used to secure the seats and just couldn't help but take them out too.

I'm tempted to take out the seat belts too, but that would just leave more holes!

Old 06-25-2010, 08:19 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
seems like you're removing a lot - how long is your girlfriend gone?!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 AM
rjahr is infamous around these parts
I was going to use carpet and mdf to cover mine

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Just to prove I'm not completely crazy , this is what the back seat looks like with the seats out :

it's got a bunch of ugly useless junk sticking out. I'd love to remove it all (including the seat belts), but when you do you get holes like this :

or this :

Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I also found this :

"For the older GT3 and folks that ordered a rollbar kit Porsche has a kit that covers the mounting holes left behind. 000 044 801 63. It is a kit that normally comes with the Porsche Tequipment Sport Roll Bar to cover up holes after you've removed the seats to install the bar. It includes a couple of nicely made silver painted caps, two large vinyl covered plugs, and a mini version of the pin that secures the center of the seatbacks so that you can reinstall the cap over the center mounting point. Chances are it will work on a 997 too.

Rear seat delete kit 000-044-801-63
$80.96 was the lowest price I found place last I checked"

but I can't find any details about it in the Porsche catalog or online anywhere.

Has anybody actually tried this kit? Have pictures?

I also bet a custom car interior shop could just put in a new piece of carpet to cover the whole back seat in one piece.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cbzzoom
Just to prove I'm not completely crazy , this is what the back seat looks like with the seats out ...

I think you should remove the heavy Bose subwoofer and its enclosure too.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cbzzoom
I also found this :

"For the older GT3 and folks that ordered a rollbar kit Porsche has a kit that covers the mounting holes left behind. 000 044 801 63. It is a kit that normally comes with the Porsche Tequipment Sport Roll Bar to cover up holes after you've removed the seats to install the bar. It includes a couple of nicely made silver painted caps, two large vinyl covered plugs, and a mini version of the pin that secures the center of the seatbacks so that you can reinstall the cap over the center mounting point. Chances are it will work on a 997 too.

Rear seat delete kit 000-044-801-63
$80.96 was the lowest price I found place last I checked"

but I can't find any details about it in the Porsche catalog or online anywhere.

Has anybody actually tried this kit? Have pictures?

I also bet a custom car interior shop could just put in a new piece of carpet to cover the whole back seat in one piece.
I left all of my stuff in, except for the backs and bottoms. I guess with the black interior it isn't that noticeable.

Good find on the delete kit. I am not sure if it is a direct fit for the 997, I would contact Suncoast and see what they think.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I also removed the seats in the back and would be interested about that delete kit.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

T.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by adias
I think you should remove the heavy Bose subwoofer and its enclosure too.
Oh trust me I almost did when I was back there It's not like that thing does anything good for the sound anyway...

Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
LOL. Seems like you really did not want those seats there. I do not know of any delete mod kits, but you can get creative and try to find something else to patch the hole. It also depends if you plan on re-installing and when.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
I'm not concerned with weight loss but rather gaining space for luggage and storage.
Is there an appreciable space gain by removing the seat backs and seat??????
Has anyone out there purchased the roof storage contraption?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
It is definitely less noticeable with black interior, but like was stated above, if you replace the hardware it will look a little better. I even replaced the black plastic caps over the bolt heads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear seat removal hole cover kit?