997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Poor Experience with RE-11s...anyone have this same issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
So that we've all got a good reference, for those of you that are stoked on your RE-11s, what pressures are you running? I found after a good amount of testing today that I could feel marginally more comfortable when I dropped the pressure 4 psi.

-Alex

Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
NJR911 is infamous around these parts
I have found on the track I like around 30-32 front and 32-34 rear to start cold and then have to adjust down after the tires heat up.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Great article on tire pressure at the link below.

www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling_pressure

Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 AM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
RE-11s

I have over 5,000 miles on my set of RE-11s.

They have been a great tire and served me well last winter, which was quite wet here in NorCal.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2502734

Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I'm watching this as well because I have not had this kind of feedback on them at all. It's all been very positive until now. This is out of nowhere.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-02-2010, 01:02 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
It's completely out of nowhere for me as well. All the research I did from multiple sources directed me that this was absolutely the way to go. I don't in any way want to come off as a guy stirring the pot, just trying to get a handle on the situation. Appreciate all the feedback.

-Alex

Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Alex, I am curious on what your alignment specs are.

Just so you know...I run on the street stock PS2's 235-35-19 and 295-35-19 and I have a track type alignment. 13k street miles and my tires look good for another 13+k street miles. I get great tire wear but at times I can feel the car tracking in the highway rain groves or other irregualities of the highway pavment. The car wiggles a little...no biggie...this is normal. On the bright side the car truns in much more crisp and just plain handles better.

I track a lot so here are my latest alignment specs. (I have GT3 lower control arms for more camber)

FRONT
camber -2.2
toe .02 (basically zero toe)

REAR
camber -1.9
toe .16 ( anymore toe and you really wear the tires out..but .16 toe help the car turn)

Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Mdrums, my car is set to the stock alignment specs (or at least it's supposed to be). We're going to compare the OEM specs to what actually comes up. The new alignment is going to emphasize stability and attempt to tighten everything up. It won't be what would be considered an aggressive alignment, I'm going to trust my tech to guide me through it and we'll get to the bottom of the whole situation.

-Alex

Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
I'm pondering which tire to go with, the RE-11 one of them. Not trying to hijack the thread, but what about the DW from Continental? It's decently priced, has high thread wear rate and seems to be sport-ish?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I am on RE-11's after years of PS2's, and have been very happy, and feel they're superior in every way.

Sorry you're having a different experience. Wonder what else it might be.
CATTMAN

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Just an update: Barring anything getting in the way, the alignment should be all taken care of tomorrow and then I will report back. I'm pleased to report that running (what i'd consider) rather low pressure did seem to make the tires a touch more predictable...or at the very least prolong the time I have to make an informed decision.

-Alex

Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thealexman
Just an update: Barring anything getting in the way, the alignment should be all taken care of tomorrow and then I will report back. I'm pleased to report that running (what i'd consider) rather low pressure did seem to make the tires a touch more predictable...or at the very least prolong the time I have to make an informed decision.

-Alex
What is low pressure? Street cold pressures should be:

997.1 - F33/R39 PSI
997.2 - F34/R40 PSI

Anything less is asking for trouble.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM
not far off actually...I'm currently at F32/R38. With the PS2s I ran 2 more PSI all around.

-Alex

Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 AM
lexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed.

My rear PS2s are almost done. I'm thinking RE-11s and will follow this thread before I pull the trigger . . .

Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 AM
rs60spyder is infamous around these parts
subscibed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poor Experience with RE-11s...anyone have this same issue?