997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I Just Couldn't Say No!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Vegasguy is infamous around these parts
I Just Couldn't Say No!!

After thoroughly enjoying my '08 C2S, Macadamia w/Tiptronic for three years, I decided to splurge (again!) and order a 2011 Carrera S coupe, Ruby Red metallic, beige standard leather, PDK, sports chrono, etc., etc.

I went to the local dealer, and just arrived is a 2010 Carrera S Convertible, Ruby Red with beige interior (with most of the options I would have ordered, but a whole bunch of options that I would never have ordered.)

The salesman kept trying to talk me into buying it, and I kept saying, no, I don't want a convertible, and besides it's got a whole lot of options I don't want, and it costs waaaay too much ($120K).

So I'm going on and on about how I really didn't want a convertible, and just wanted to order a 2011 C2S coupe with just a few options (and much, much less expensive).

Anyway, the General Manager comes over, and asked why not, if they would give me a good deal. He said we'll give you a fair trade-in for you car, '08 C2S coupe, ($64,000, which actually was fair according to the auto websites), and knock off another $12,500. And we'll get you 1.9% APR for 60 months (saving probably about $6,000 in interest from a normal auto loan).

So I said, but even with all the stuff it has on it, it doesn't have sport exhaust, and my new car has to have those nice-sounding Porsche exhaust pipes. The GM says, we'll put the Porsche (OEM) sport exhaust system on it for our cost.

I just couldn't say no!!

Attached Images     
Old 06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I am very sorry for you, I can clearly see how you were forced into this *cough* *cough*.

Very nice car, great color combo. Enjoy PSE with the top down.

T.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new ride and LOL on the license plate frame

Drive it in good health!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice deal for you! Enjoy the new car.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Wow! Awesome car! Ruby red is one of my favorite colors on a Porsche.

Enjoy!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I love the smell of dealer desperation. End of quarter is perfect timing for a purchase deal. Looks sharp, enjoy it.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I love the smell of dealer desperation. End of quarter is perfect timing for a purchase deal. Looks sharp, enjoy it.
I agree. I bought a car once on the last day of June, and the dealer was super desperate to make a deal. Congrats on the cab. My favorite model. Enjoy.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
k6gix is infamous around these parts
I love it! One of my favorite colors. Nice combo. Enjoy! So how do you like the convertible compared to the coupe?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations.....(EXCELLENT COLOR CHOICE BTW....). I had the dealer put the OEM Sports Exhaust on mine also and love it!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Very nice.. very nice indeed.. two thumbs up!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Great color combination even if you really didn't want it.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the car!!

Beautiful color combo and fantastic deal.

Congrats and may you enjoy the car in good health :-)

Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
That IS a GREAT color......Congrats!

Stacy

Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. I am sure your still sore from being forced to take that off color no top car

Must have been some terrible arm twisting going on

Enjoy in good health

Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Congrats -- enjoy the new car!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Just Couldn't Say No!!