997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Can I take a picture of your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
simba88 is infamous around these parts
Can I take a picture of your car?

So it was nice and cool this evening, I love to take my C4S Cab out in the evenings, top down! I realized that gas is low so I stopped by a gas station. A mini van pulled up and a lady with her teen age boy asked if they could take a picture of my 911. Of course! They thanked me and I said "welcome" and I was on my way!

My question to you guys is - How often are you asked to have a picture taken of your car? Any interesting experiences?

Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
never

Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Grand Prix weekend in Montreal a few weeks ago, on a Saturday drive downtown, literally, hundreds of pictures taken of my car.

At least a few times a week I catch people doing it at lights or on the road.

My car is pretty modded, it's a big compliment every time...

Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
NEVER...I better mod it more OR maybe just pull it out of the garage once in a while,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 07-01-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Many of you on the forum do a great job with mods. I enjoy the pictures you guys post. I just got mine and it is 100% stock. I do keep it quite clean though. Nice to know even in stock form, people still enjoy and drawn to the 911.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
it depends on which car. the infiniti never. the mercedes, never, the other ones, i get asked or they just take it or video it on a run to "mexico"

Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
With the Turbo .. they don't even ask .. the cameras snap in traffic even while i am driving.

The 997S car gets compliments but less attention.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
oh thaey take it, you just dont know it.

Originally Posted by justatoy
NEVER...I better mod it more OR maybe just pull it out of the garage once in a while,LOL!

Stacy

Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
OK, about 10 years ago I was staying in Maui and rented a F348 spider while I was there. One day I pull up in front of the hotel (Kei Lani Fairmont) to run in for a few minutes. I come out and their is an older couple with two obviously adopted children (a boy and girl). The boy is about 17. As I go back out to the car I see the boy starring at the car. The mom apologizes. No need I tell her. She then asks if they can take a picture of their son next to “my car”. I said, I will do you one better. Opened the car for them and let him sit inside while mom snapped away.

I told them how I loved Ferraris as a kid (still do) and I understood his passion for the car. The kid was thrilled beyond belief and I was happy that he enjoyed himself.

Attached Images  

Last edited by lacrosse; 07-01-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
My S2000 had a ton of pics taken the year it was at Hot Import Nights. There were quite a few pics of that car taken at the beach and ocean front here in VA Beach.

My 997S is bone stock and it doesn't quite get the same attention. Although, we go to a restaurant here at the ocean front every couple of weeks. The valets always park my car directly in front at an angle. I see a lot of people walking in and out pointing and talking about it.

A TechArt Type I rear wing, TechArt rear diffuser and new wheels should grab a little more attention.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Not here in L.A., that's for sure.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 AM
mike87 is infamous around these parts
in my area, 911s and boxsters are about as common as bmws, benzs, accords, and camrys. so to answer your question, no

Old 07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
My 964 widebody cab used to get a ton of attention. It almost seemed like I got looks and comments daily. The 997 is getting some attention, even in ATL, but not as much as my previous ride. More mods to come so that may have an effect.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. 911s are also common here in ATL. However, we see a lot of black, silver, white....etc. With ruby red, sand beige and top down, It is a very elegant combination. I think people are attracted to it's beauty and not necessarily the sporty aspect of it. I am pretty sure the lady that asked to take the picture has no idea what C4S means

Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
All the time. I even get copies on the mail, city hall prints them for me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can I take a picture of your car?