997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

dashboard / door panel cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 AM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
dashboard / door panel cleaner

Hi everyone I have a full leather car and was wondering what everyone else was using to clean their dashboards / door panels etc. I have been using mequiars quick detail which i love because it doesn't leave the shinny sticky mess like most other cleaners and gives it a factory clean finish. But it doesn't have the UV protection in it that most other products do. I would like it to darken the top of the dash up as it kind of has that dry look. Anyways anyone on here use a product that doesn't leave the dash/door panels greasy but offers the protection and conditioning of the the leather.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 07-03-2010, 09:33 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
You may want to ask Moe. He knows his stuff.

Check out the sticky in the detailing section.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/detailing-30/

Old 07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
iron e is infamous around these parts
Tried a number of different products, but my favorite is the Sonus leather cleaner and leather conditioner system. Quick and easy to use, but most importantly, gives an as-new appearance with no gloss whatsoever and no greasy residue.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:33 AM
calypso is infamous around these parts
I use Aerospace 303 as a general wipe down maintenance product.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
For a full leather interior only use Porsche's own leather cleaner. It is made for that leather and works perfectly. However... use it only if it obviously needs serious cleaning Otherwise, once in a while, wipe the leather with a slightly damp cotton cloth and that should Keep it clean in general. For protection apply, once or twice a year, a leather conditioner. I do not know Porsche's leather conditioner (it may be fine) but I use Sonus leather conditioner - it does not add shine to a leather with no shine from new.

303 Aerospace is a great product but it should be used in vinyl and rubber parts.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:05 AM
calypso is infamous around these parts
I highly bought that Porsche make their own leather products, its more then likely Sonax rebranded. Agree that if its really mucky (how do you get your dash dirty?) then you would need a dedicated automotive leather cleaner and conditioner kit. For the seats I use the one by RaceGlaze kit.
Just remember, automotive leather is alot closer to plastic then real leather, thats why 303 works so well on the non wear items like the dash, and in terms of UV protection, there isnt much to beat 303.

Try it.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:50 PM
911-fanatic has a spectacular aura about911-fanatic has a spectacular aura about
The leather used on mosts seats now has a urethane coating to make maintenance a lot easier. Typically, vacuuming your seats regularly to get all the crud out of the seams and a wipe down with a damp towel will be enough to keep them supple. Using a leather conditioner is, for most cars, no longer necessary. Every few months use a leather cleaner on them. For the dash, use a product like 303 or Gloss-it Leather Polish to offer some UV protection. Most leather conditioners don't offer any type of UV protection. If you are not wrried so much about the UV protection, Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care and Werkstat Satin Prot are also good choices as both are water based and low sheen. The AG product has a wee bit more sheen than the Werkstat but its not shiny by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Chris,

Background on your username please.....LOL

Jim

Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Frank A. is infamous around these parts
I have black full leather in my 997 and I would also suggest 303 for the dash and the doors. I put it on with a foam applicator and then wipe it with a MF towel. It provides great protection and also darkens the leather, which I like better. For the seats I use Sonax leather foam.

Regards,
Frank A.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
I'll have to hunt down some 303! thanks for your advice everyone I really appreciate it!

WTFitsCarter.. well Carter is my last name.. The rest I just came up with one day lol

Thanks guys,
Chris

Old 07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
I'm a fan of lexol

Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
WTFitsCarter.. well Carter is my last name.. The rest I just came up with one day lol

Thanks guys,
Chris[/quote]

ok ill go 4 that! LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
You can buy the 303 on-line or @ West Marine, NAPA or Wal-Mart. Also the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard works great on the Cab's fabric top. Four years of treatment and the top looks new.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Found a place that sells 303 but they are never open! small RV shop in town. I used some mcguiars natural shine protectant wipe's that someone got me for my birthday and I have to say they do seem to work pretty good. Slight shine but nothing out of control.