997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PASM error after KW installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
PASM error after KW installation

Last week, I had the KW V3 coilovers installed, however PASM keeps giving an error on my 997.1 C2S.
We've tried disabling PASM (not installed on PIWIS) and even turned it off through GETWAY (again on PIWIS). The PASM cables are loose, I thought the V3 comes with PASM support, is there anyway to connect them/hack any ideas?
Cheers!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Last week, I had the KW V3 coilovers installed, however PASM keeps giving an error on my 997.1 C2S.
We've tried disabling PASM (not installed on PIWIS) and even turned it off through GETWAY (again on PIWIS). The PASM cables are loose, I thought the V3 comes with PASM support, is there anyway to connect them/hack any ideas?
Cheers!
if you have access to it (my mechanic has) there are specific manuals on porsche tech web site telling precise steps to follow in piwis programming to enable/disable stuff - i went over this for MF steering wheel activation and it had no sense at all but worked. it just has to be followed correctly.

yes, KW are not PASM compatible and yes PASM has to be turned off by PIWIS. as of what to do with cables - no idea, I would find a way to take them off car rather to leave them hanging there. may be there is a some sort of harness you can put on to fool pasm but i doubt it

Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
There should not be any cables exposed. The PASM cables that connect to the OE Struts should be contained under the front cawl in a secure location ( from factory ) and the rears are encased near your ECU. All connectors should and are out of harms way unless your installer did something differently.

Once you code your vehicle with the PIWIS for NON-PASM you will also need to pull the fuse in the fuse panel for the PASM. After these two simple procedures are complete, you will be good to go.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
There should not be any cables exposed. The PASM cables that connect to the OE Struts should be contained under the front cawl in a secure location ( from factory ) and the rears are encased near your ECU. All connectors should and are out of harms way unless your installer did something differently.

Once you code your vehicle with the PIWIS for NON-PASM you will also need to pull the fuse in the fuse panel for the PASM. After these two simple procedures are complete, you will be good to go.
Thank you! Will give it a try this weekend at the service point! Cheers!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This is the correct sequence to shut off PASM using PIWIS. Complements of AWE.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf

Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bbywu
This is the correct sequence to shut off PASM using PIWIS. Complements of AWE.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf
Thank you! Now that I have a print out, its time to visit the service again
Reps!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If it still doesn't work, I'm pretty sure you can use Durametric to shut it off also.

- bob

Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Banned
I had the PIWIS part done by what basically was written on that attachment and finally disconnected the PASM module from the passenger carpeting area, and never plugged it again, no errors. Thank you!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
I had the PIWIS part done by what basically was written on that attachment and finally disconnected the PASM module from the passenger carpeting area, and never plugged it again, no errors. Thank you!
I'm glad we were able to help out

Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Thumbs up

Good news!

bob