997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Denison GW500 Display Quirk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Question Denison GW500 Display Quirk

After installing the Denison GW500 over father's day weekend I have since started to notice an odd quirk. With the GW500 in "gateway mode" for Ipod control I've noticed from time to time the song title displayed is not actually the current song play but rather the next song in queue/playlist to play!

Interesting thing is after advancing enough times where GW needs to "load" additional track info from playlist it will revert to showing the correct song title currently playing!

Quite honestly, it's actually nice to know what the next song to play will be but would also like to know current play information.

Anyone else see this?

07' C4S Cab, PCM 2.x Denison w/ latest Firmware, Ipod Video with latest firmware.

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 07-06-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Adding Video of Issue
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Tunes Playlist issue not GW500

Before trying the suggestions from Eric at Bumper plugs I thought I'd do a little more diagnostics to better isolate issue. Glad I did as I would have been chasing my tail! Turns out the issues is NOT with the Dension GW500 but with a specific playlist in iTunes that synch'd to my ipod. For some odd reason the playlist is corupt and has wrong songs (next in line) taged with wrong titles. I deleted the playlist, created a new and works great.

Thanks to Eric for his (as always) VERY prompt resoponce to my email for assistance. It's not worth saving the pennies buying from someone else and missing out on the level of support and responsiveness Eric provides! Well worth it!

This issue is officially resolved!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Glad your problem is solved and yes Eric is top notch. Anyhow, how do you get artist name w/ the song title to display? Mine only shows song title on display. I'm new to iPods so it certainly could be operator error...

Old 07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Burg...did you buy from us? Email me if so.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Do you have PCM?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Glad your problem is solved and yes Eric is top notch. Anyhow, how do you get artist name w/ the song title to display? Mine only shows song title on display. I'm new to iPods so it certainly could be operator error...
Have you tried configuring your "Text Display" via PCM for GW500? Attached is "how-to" from manual.

Attached Images