997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I'm V35 and i am addicted to wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I have no problem with changing wheels but I don't understand the repeated changes with wheels that look the same. You must really love mesh style wheels. But why continue to buy the same style over and over?
You finally get something different but it doesn't come with a center cap. That's cool on compact tuners but a P-car is a luxury sport car.
Just my opinion.
The ride looks nice.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
No offense, but they all look the same to me. You've got the stock, the spoke/mesh, the black spoke/mesh, and the last pair....so, in my mind, 4 sets. I guess there are subtle differences in each category, but not enough difference for me to choose one or the other after I already bought a pair. Of all of them, I'd chose the BBS for the race pedigree and weight.

J

Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

It's true, they are all similar except for the current set. It was all in the pursuit of perfection. IMO, mesh design is the safe choice for the 911 and I tried all sorts of iterations of the mesh wheel in different colors and fitments to acheive the perfect look and since no configuration satisfied me completely I stepped out of the box and mounted the meister, a completely different wheel not used on any other 997 currently besides mine, and I think these may be it.I did it because I can and if nothing else was acheived, I created a virtual mesh wheel catalog for the Porsche 997 from several major brands

Last edited by v35; 07-15-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I liked the Work mesh with step lip the most...

have you seen the Rotiform ones?

I'm going for these on 19... ubber aggresive offsets

Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
Wow.. No Kidding. I love all the wheels you had. I have a set for sale too... If you want to keep with your addiction

Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Aaron you're a mad man! I love it! I still like the HRE Comps but I could be bias.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
I wish I could help you with your addiction, but i'm not an expert in that area. Sorry

Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Frissen
I liked the Work mesh with step lip the most...

have you seen the Rotiform ones?

I'm going for these on 19... ubber aggresive offsets
Yea those new Rotiforms are nice. Surprised you even knew about those!

Originally Posted by steve k
Wow.. No Kidding. I love all the wheels you had. I have a set for sale too... If you want to keep with your addiction
haha, I saw yours and they are great looking, but i'm utterly satisfied with my car finally.

Originally Posted by ModHog
Aaron you're a mad man! I love it! I still like the HRE Comps but I could be bias.
Yea the comps were great, and seeing your car at Paseo Colorado many moons ago was the catalyst for my C20's.

Originally Posted by Mini George
I wish I could help you with your addiction, but i'm not an expert in that area. Sorry
No one can.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
love the brombachers... i was contemplating gettin some for my car... then I remembered the work Rezax i had on another car... 1hr to clean and polish.... ugggghh.... only if mesh wasnt so darn hard to clean...

Old 07-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by v35
I've always been into wheels with lips, but I definitely had to shake off the mesh 3 piece look haha. The front lip was an original Cargraphic lip that ROTtec made a replica of. Although if ROTtec had one back then I would have opted for it as the original Cargraphic was double the cost.

Can I have a request for your next set of wheels?

Advan RZ-DF in all Matte Black!!!

I think your car looks absolutely stunning! If you're ever feeling the itch to start experimenting - feel free to let us know!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:33 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
definitely a fan of all your step lip wheels you've owned... I am bias'd !

Old 11-01-2010, 02:15 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
I for one have a special appeal to this car.. when i first saw the pic of this car was when it had the c20 and cargraphic from carbon lip, and that picture made me fall in love and went to get my first 911..

This car has evolved and keeps on suprising us every single time.. and now with the works wheels it looks so damn good..

keep it up bro and cant wait for your next mod.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:18 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sticky4
I think this is one of the nicest 997's i've seen. I love the jdm style wheels on the car. I think the only style left to explore is a little poke and stretch, at least that's my next step...

I never keep a car long enough to change it up but I love my Targa, how long have you had the car?
Please don't make a "hellaflush" Porsche. That stupid fad is about the ugliest thing you could possibly do to a Porsche. Let VW and Civic owners have that stuff, don't ruin a beautiful 911 with "poke" and ridiculous negative camber. Stay classy.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
v35
Originally Posted by 911 S
I for one have a special appeal to this car.. when i first saw the pic of this car was when it had the c20 and cargraphic from carbon lip, and that picture made me fall in love and went to get my first 911..

This car has evolved and keeps on suprising us every single time.. and now with the works wheels it looks so damn good..

keep it up bro and cant wait for your next mod.
Thank you for that great compliment, very flattering to know that my car inspired you to get a 911.

Originally Posted by superbike81
Please don't make a "hellaflush" Porsche. That stupid fad is about the ugliest thing you could possibly do to a Porsche. Let VW and Civic owners have that stuff, don't ruin a beautiful 911 with "poke" and ridiculous negative camber. Stay classy.
I don't think i'll ever go hellaflush, Porsche's are all about function > form

Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
nice ! !

my fav is the LM...

Work wheels are close 2nd.

i had the Senekas on my 335i.. nice looking but PITA to clean.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm V35 and i am addicted to wheels