997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SharkWerks to Feature on Speed Channel's Battle of the SuperCars Show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Good Show, just watched it! Thanks for the information ahead of time.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Fun show. It was good to see the Shark-RS win 3 of the 5 exercises against the 430, even though the tasks are a bit ridiculous. You've also got to wonder how much is due to the cars engineering vs the performance of the driver. Plus, Tanner Foust and Paul Tracy have completely different driving styles.

Either way, it is always fun to watch a Porsche box out a Ferrari on a tight course.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
299moto is infamous around these parts
Great show. Love the pilot driving saying not to follow the U2 or the paint would be blown off

Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I always enjoy watching exotic cars in action..

Maybe it was because I had a really long day at work yesterday, and had a helluva time staying awake long enough to watch it, but I thought the show itself was pretty hokie..

Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! Kermit looked fantastic!

Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gadgetman
Good Show, just watched it! Thanks for the information ahead of time.
Thanks and glad to share it!

Originally Posted by mshanler
Fun show. It was good to see the Shark-RS win 3 of the 5 exercises against the 430, even though the tasks are a bit ridiculous. You've also got to wonder how much is due to the cars engineering vs the performance of the driver. Plus, Tanner Foust and Paul Tracy have completely different driving styles.

Either way, it is always fun to watch a Porsche box out a Ferrari on a tight course.
Thanks mucho and the tasks are hard and not my first choice but at least they show the power stuff etc... The all important track one was good though. We won that be a good 4-5 seconds:P They do have different styles of driving and there's the 6speed vs the F1 thing there but they were both going ***** out in different ways

Originally Posted by 299moto
Great show. Love the pilot driving saying not to follow the U2 or the paint would be blown off
Hehe yes we heard him say that during the driver's meeting

Originally Posted by NC 997
I always enjoy watching exotic cars in action..

Maybe it was because I had a really long day at work yesterday, and had a helluva time staying awake long enough to watch it, but I thought the show itself was pretty hokie..
Ah no worries it's hard to do these sorts of things. Having been there I could see the amount of work/effort and money it took. Not easy for sure! Hope you have a better day today

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Very cool! Kermit looked fantastic!
Thanks!

A few things we took away from the adventure:
1) TV production is both expensive and tricky. It was so awesome live and so much of the fun didn't make it into the final show but I think they really did do a great job having been there.
2) The US Airforce. Wow... Just wow. Those guys are like clockwork and also real gear heads. Love those guys.
3) I'm super-jazzed that we got a best of 174.9mph in the mile. They did a few different runs but either way a stock GTR does around 165mph so at least we know we're making power. The car isn't aerodynamic but that's a good result.
4) Super happy that on the track section we were about 4-5 seconds quicker.
5) Paul Tracy is a hoot. Amazing driver and means what he says. No joke. Tanner is super-competitive too (as is Paul) and they really were trying to win it for each car. It was funny watching them try to ask the producers for another go and stuff like that....
6) The F-430 is fast in stock form (480plus). It's bloody quick when modified to 510 or so like it was and with the F1 trans and Paul's driving we were up against it. But the 3.9 does make power as one can see

Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Don't know if you caught today's episode but looks like our lil' motor is quicker than the Viper SRT-10 in the mile and only 3mph slower than the ZR1

Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey fellas for those of you that haven't seen the show it's available now)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/173325/bat...ri-and-porsche