997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Everyone Loves a Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Everyone Loves a Porsche

My wife's 96 year old Grandmother is here to visit for the weekend from NY. We are getting ready to take ready to take the kids to get ice-cream since it's about 90 degrees outside. I figured we'd take the Audi so she could climb in and out easier and she put her foot down "I wanna take the Porsche!". My wife told her it might be hard for her to get in and she says "I'll crawl, don't worry about me". As soon as I started the car she says "It feels so special".
So, we took the back roads :-)

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Howie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to behold
Nice little story, sounds like you have a very lively grandmother!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
That's one cool Grandma. Love the story
Willing to bet that was one of her best rides in her 96 young years!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM
madru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant futuremadru17 has a brilliant future
epic haha

Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
My wife's 96 year old Grandmother is here to visit for the weekend from NY. We are getting ready to take ready to take the kids to get ice-cream since it's about 90 degrees outside. I figured we'd take the Audi so she could climb in and out easier and she put her foot down "I wanna take the Porsche!". My wife told her it might be hard for her to get in and she says "I'll crawl, don't worry about me". As soon as I started the car she says "It feels so special".
So, we took the back roads :-)
That's a girl. She knows what's best.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
She is a character no doubt. A few years ago the kids have to have a talk with her when they discovered she us undercutting the local taxi company and stealing their business. Probably not the best idea to start a cab business at 90.

According to her, the secret to life is scrabble, beer and sex. Tmi but it seems to work.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
According to her, the secret to life is scrabble, beer and sex. Tmi but it seems to work.
She is a true gem. Not sure about the scrabble though. Enjoy your time with her while you can!

Old 07-18-2010, 01:39 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
What a priceless smile !!! She really looks genuinely thrilled .

Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
That sounds like solid advice to me!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Actually, in staying mentally sharp, scrabble may contain more wisdom than you think.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Actually, in staying mentally sharp, scrabble may contain more wisdom than you think.
agree, and crosswords even better, imo.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
One more thing off of Grandma's bucketlist!

Good for her, thanks for the great little story.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
NinetyOneC2 is infamous around these parts
Sweet shot. I have a great shot of my Grandmother in a CGT Convertible on her last mothers day. She always had great taste in clothes and cars. Her favourite? The Audi A8L. Imagine that...and 87 year old woman with no drivers license but she knew what she liked!

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Amazing woman!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM
BeachBum1 is infamous around these parts
I can only imagine the Porsche I will request to drive in when I am in my 90s!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone Loves a Porsche