997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension: Getting the system into config mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Dension: Getting the system into config mode?

Gents,

I just finished installing my Dension GW500 this morning. The install was easy and straight forward and the system is playing the Ipod. However, it is not going into config mode. I did the whole move the setup switch up and down three times and that is doing nothing. The PCM just goes back to playing the ipod in Disc #5 position. From what I have read on here it should config in Disc #6 position but if I choose Disc #6 it just thinks for a couple seconds and then goes back to #5.

Advice? I did a thorough search and I have not see anyone else that mentioned what I am seeing.

Jason

Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
give it a bit as it sounds like the GW500 is cataloging everything on the ipod. I had some similarly strange things happen on mine when I first intro'd a full ipod to it. After 5-10min I was able to get into config mod easily. Also, just to be sure it's 3 complete up/down cycles (6 movements) to get to the config menu.

Otherwise, pm or email Eric@Bumperplugs.com He's the US distributor for them and is very very knowledgeable.