997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Carrera Curse - I cry of envy every time a Carrera passes by

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
The Carrera Curse - I cry of envy every time a Carrera passes by

My engine light came on and now am driving a courtesy car - an audi A6 3.0T provided by the Porsche center. (l've another post about the engine)

Every time a Carrera passes me by I die of envy. Words can't explain - emotions feel me up - I feel that all life is drained out of me with all my confidence that helped make me who I am. I feel like a smaller man. Not in a wealth sorta way but empty kinda way. I am truly, deeply, and irrevocably cursed.

I fear for my life driving this Audi. I bought my mom an A4 2~3 years ago and I regret it like hell - I should have gone for the benz.

Was Audi always this bad? Is Porsche this good? Would a ferrari or a lambo have a same effect?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Hang in there mate, Im sure your car will be fixed and you will be back on the road with big smiles...

Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Feel the same way when I have to drive my Lexus on rainy days. Just wish I could live in my car.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Baselstein is infamous around these parts
You better be on vacation when you get it back I dont think you'll get out of it for a long time. Hope nothing serious happen to your engine

Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Still no word from Porsche. It's been 3 hours since they've opened... I've called and hassled them twice already! :-)

I company who's pays for my salary ought to sue Porsche for making me helpless like this...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Interesting. It's no Porsche but my wife loves her Audi. It feels like a bit of a toy to me but it's comfortable, quick, and seems well built for what it is.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
JAY55 is infamous around these parts
Don't worry bro You'll be Jungwookin' on the road soon.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Baselstein is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jungwook
Still no word from Porsche. It's been 3 hours since they've opened... I've called and hassled them twice already! :-)

I company who's pays for my salary ought to sue Porsche for making me helpless like this...

heheheh give them a day at least

Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 PM
My mom loves her A4 too but thank God she doesn't drive like I do...

Worst is - No one looks at me any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I miss my Porsche every time I drive my other cars

and that includes my Lambo. There is just nothing like driving a porsche.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Now I know!.

Originally Posted by tourbillon001
and that includes my Lambo. There is just nothing like driving a porsche.
Wow - thanks for that... Never had the good pleasure nor opportunity to experience one and always presumed that a Lambo would give equal pleasures (driving, discomfort, noise, ...).

Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 AM
No more crying - They are sending my car back to work so I can drive back home with a smile on my face.

Porsche called back and reported a faulty O2 sensor - sounds convenient - I only hope it's not something else.

Thanks everyone!.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
My engine light came on and now am driving a courtesy car - an audi A6 3.0T provided by the Porsche center. (l've another post about the engine)

Every time a Carrera passes me by I die of envy. Words can't explain - emotions feel me up - I feel that all life is drained out of me with all my confidence that helped make me who I am. I feel like a smaller man. Not in a wealth sorta way but empty kinda way. I am truly, deeply, and irrevocably cursed.

I fear for my life driving this Audi. I bought my mom an A4 2~3 years ago and I regret it like hell - I should have gone for the benz.

Was Audi always this bad? Is Porsche this good? Would a ferrari or a lambo have a same effect?
I feel ya!

Every time I go to LA I end up in a Seabring or Mustang...for crying out loud!!!
God do I miss my Porsche then ( my bike too, but not as much as the P.)

Ever since getting my C4S I feel like a ****** in the Ferrari, OK it's bone stock as opposed to the totally customized P. that's got something to do with it but the P. makes you feel empowered, the F. self conscious.
But the F. sound...well lets just say that it took a lot of work to have the exhaust note of my P. make me feel that way.

Glad you got your ride back!

Nice thread.

Cheers,

Sid.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I feel ya!

Every time I go to LA I end up in a Seabring or Mustang...for crying out loud!!!
God do I miss my Porsche then ( my bike too, but not as much as the P.)

Ever since getting my C4S I feel like a ****** in the Ferrari, OK it's bone stock as opposed to the totally customized P. that's got something to do with it but the P. makes you feel empowered, the F. self conscious.
But the F. sound...well lets just say that it took a lot of work to have the exhaust note of my P. make me feel that way.

Glad you got your ride back!

Nice thread.

Cheers,

Sid.
Totally agree!. I was thinking more confidence building but feeling empowered is the right sensation!.

Hehehe!... I also noticed that it's always called the F and not a specific model like 360, 458 etc... always called the F!.

Cheers

Old 07-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Totally agree!. I was thinking more confidence building but feeling empowered is the right sensation!.

Hehehe!... I also noticed that it's always called the F and not a specific model like 360, 458 etc... always called the F!.

Cheers
We say usually F. (or Ferrari) because most regular people (non car nuts) wont know the difference between a 360 or 430 you have to explain it, where as when you say 911 you don't even have to tell them it's a Porsche they already know!

Just shows ya the power of the P.!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Carrera Curse - I cry of envy every time a Carrera passes by