997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I got my car back from the body shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I got my car back from the body shop

I have a new computerr so I haven't figured out the most simple things like how to upload pictures but I got my car back today and they did a perfect job..

One thing i learned was that when the door was repaired , since the car is white (a color easy to match and blend) --they didn't even paint the whole door. They were able to paint and blend .Much of the door panel is still original paint.

I stared at the door in the sun as well as shade .. I am really impressed .

The test of time of course is to see if any fade occurs but so far all is ok.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
I am glad everything came out good, Larry. Time to enjoy the car again.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I have never had a body panel come out perfect either from a repair or aftermarket. Although, its all either been on Silver (Metallic) or Red (usually a pain to match). Glad to see some success stories!

Jason

Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys . i am real glad that out of this -
1) Every party ranging from the insurance company to the dent repair guy, to the dealership, to the body shop -- all came through for me.

2) The real surprise to me was that the door panel was able to be partiual panited and blended and no matter how I look at it I can't tell. I even asked one of the security guards in one of the garages I park at to give his opinion as he saw the car before and after and he was amazed.

I do think the big test is long term if paint fades but even if that were the case much of my door is original paint so even a fade would be partial.

It was good to get the car back . I miss my cars when I don't drive them .

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like all is good in the end.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Glad she is back home Larry, all's well that ends well!

Jay

Old 07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
essayons is infamous around these parts
great to hear!

told you it would come out great

Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 AM
thenextepisode is infamous around these parts
Its like a child coming back home...its more of a relief isnt it?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I stared at the door in the sun as well as shade .. I am really impressed .
told ya. good shop makes it invisible.
good test is to look at new paint in full sun in polarizer sunglasses and try to see difference in reflection. if all was done right you will not see nor feel it.

just be careful with waxing it until paint cures in a couple of weeks.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:32 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
Larry,
Excellent. Glad all turned out to your satisfaction.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Does this mean the car isn't worth $1500 less when you trade it due to the damaged panels that were repainted?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Does this mean the car isn't worth $1500 less when you trade it due to the damaged panels that were repainted?

Remember , Larry is on fla......it will probably be $1900 less! LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Glad your car is ok

Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Remember , Larry is on fla......it will probably be $1900 less! LOL
good point

Old 07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I still think the car is not worth the exact same had it not had a spec of paint .

1500 would be about right but given the inflated prices of some of the used cars even 1500 lower is still much higher than before this recent used pricing bubble. I see 09 997S cars asking upper 80's to low 90's and i think it's outrageous .

I am not selling the car though and i am very glad its back.
I drove it today . I also looked at it with polarized sunglasses .
I am satisfied with the result but would have been much happier had my car never been dented.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got my car back from the body shop