997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help please!! Car going crazy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
princealidds is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Help please!! Car going crazy!!

Hi Guys,

About 2 month ago I broke my right foot. So no driving. About 2 weeks I just turned on my car, and let it idle for a bit. Then 3 days ago, ( my foot is better now) I went for a little drive around the block. This morning I tried to turn on my car, however and the ABS fault light came on, PASM light came, but car won't even start. The interior light are on with the door being open, however seem dimmer than before. If I turn on my headlights, the lights inside the car and the radio turn off, also the window just rolls down? When i roll the window back up, it goes up very slowly?? Could this be a battery that's almost dead? When I called the dealership, my tech told me its the battery that's drained, and those warning messages are due to the almost dead battery. I'm having Porsche Roadside come to my house in 2 days to check it and possibly jump start my car or possibly tow it to dealer.
Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks for the help!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
yes, sounds like the battery. You could always get a plug in charger for $25 and try charging the battery via the cigarette lighter... When my car was delivered (after sitting unused for nearly a year on the dealer's lot), I had the entire control panel flicker when the key was turned in the ignition, and the delivery tech just said "you need a jump." The charger worked better than the jump...

Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Battery .. I would hope it starts tomorrow and replace it.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by princealidds
Hi Guys,
Could this be a battery that's almost dead?
Thanks for the help!
if you have another car - just go to autozone, get new battery for $150 and be done with it.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^agreed. The hell I'd go through all the trouble with the dealer, towing, etc. when I could just replace the battery and go for a drive .

J

Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
When I purchased my current car (06 C2S cab) in January, it was delivered with an almost dead battery after sitting at the Dealership for a few months. I put my charger on it (not a trickle charger thru the cigarette lighter) and was able to restore it. I still use a trickle charger to keep it in good condition, as I make relatively short drives normally.
Once replaced or recharged, your PASM fault should clear on its own.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:34 PM
princealidds is infamous around these parts
Great thanks for the input guys!