997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Suspension on C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
akbjr is infamous around these partsakbjr is infamous around these parts
Sport Suspension on C4S

Does anyone know how much lowering is acheived on a 09 C4S with sport suspension (0.8 mm lower than stock) if I add springs (H and R or Eibach)...thanks

Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by akbjr
Does anyone know how much lowering is acheived on a 09 C4S with sport suspension (0.8 mm lower than stock) if I add springs (H and R or Eibach)...thanks
Not sure I understand the question......as I'm sure you know PASM is approx 10mm lower than stock......Sport PASM approximately another 10mm.....ROW cars in ea case are slightly lower than ours.
For what it's worth, I'll share that my experience that N.American PASM cars have another 20mm or so it can be dropped (assuming you have the right suspension to accomplish that).
Specific questions on how much H/R springs affect a non PASM suspension should be directed to a good H&R reseller or H&R.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
I have C4S with normal suspension

I installed Techarts springs that lowered the car 15MM

They are manufactured by Eibach

The look and functionality is perfect and is fully compatible and friendly with PASM

Old 07-24-2010, 05:17 PM
does anyone have a C2S or C4S with sports suspension and have added lowering springs, if so how much did it lower the car and more importantly how is the drive now? thanks.

akb

Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
It's unlikely you will find a lot of people that have done that......but if you did, it's a likely drop of 10-15mm.
As I said....your PASM Sport is already 20 mm lower then stock (non PASM suspension).

But the main reason you'll get few opins is that not that many people would just change springs on a tuned sport suspension. The shocks are valved for & matched for those OE springs....messing w/just the springs makes your dampers operate close to the bump stops....the net result of all this is less than predictable handling....definately no if you track the car.

Personally I would change out the whole suspension (coil-overs & sways) by a very competant shop......before I'd mess w/just springs.
The other benny of this approach is you get the height, rake, corner balance that you want, rather than what 'rolling-the-dice' with springs gives you.

Good luck.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the info, I agree that w/o corner balancing the outcome will be a bit of a surprise, I think I will leave it the way it is for now as am wuite happy. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Hello,

I think I will leave it the way it is for now as am wuite happy. Thanks.
it is a smartest decision - never change stuff you are happy with.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
does anyone have a C2S or C4S with sports suspension and have added lowering springs, if so how much did it lower the car and more importantly how is the drive now? thanks.

akb
I have Sport PASM on my 09 C2S. I have not changed the springs on it because I track the car a lot and it works fine the way it is. If I was to lower my car I would do it with after market coilover such as Moton's or JRZ.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
I have Sport PASM on my 09 C2S. I have not changed the springs on it because I track the car a lot and it works fine the way it is. If I was to lower my car I would do it with after market coilover such as Moton's or JRZ.
i have heard several people to repeat it as a mantra that new 997.2 SPASM is a huge step forward compared to 997.1 and there is actually very small benefit to change it to jrz rs pro or similar moton unless you go with cup car grade setup - 1200lbs+ springs, etc.

i just completed my $10K suspension upgrade with jrz rs - and I got to say compared to my old stock 997.1 C2 suspension - this setup I got is a huge improvement - it absorbs road bumps way better and car feels totally solid now, it is like day and night.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
i have heard several people to repeat it as a mantra that new 997.2 SPASM is a huge step forward compared to 997.1 and there is actually very small benefit to change it to jrz rs pro or similar moton unless you go with cup car grade setup - 1200lbs+ springs, etc.

i just completed my $10K suspension upgrade with jrz rs - and I got to say compared to my old stock 997.1 C2 suspension - this setup I got is a huge improvement - it absorbs road bumps way better and car feels totally solid now, it is like day and night.
Well I've never driven a car with JRZ's so I can't say...BUT...the 997.2S Sport PASM is a nice set better than the stock PASM. Works great on the road and track. I could use somemore stiffness at times on the track but this is a great compromise suspension from Porsche.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
the 997.2S Sport PASM is a nice set better than the stock PASM. Works great on the road and track. I could use somemore stiffness at times on the track but this is a great compromise suspension from Porsche.
+1000

I would never dream of changing my S PASM. If you want an upgraded suspension buy a 997.2 GT3.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
If an '09 C4S came with regular PASM from the factory, is it possible to upgrade it to Sport PASM?

Asking because I am in the market for that model/year and want to hold off until I find a car with Sport PASM. Didn't know if it's something that could be changed to S PASM at the dealer, or how costly that could be.

thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Parts could be sourced.
With alignment, corner bal. and all install labor probably $3-4K.
Just my opin but......money better spent on a colil-over system that coordinates well with PASM.