997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM
joeyrotorhead is infamous around these parts
There are always going to be haters... but don't let them get to you and make you have second thoughts about owning something you want and/or earned, go out and enjoy a nice long drive on some back roads in the 911 and you'll forget all about those dirt bags!

Old 07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
*******s are everywhere... and you'll run into them no matter what car you drive. Don't let them get in your head. If you do, they win.

Just today I was following a loser in a POS and he kept staring at me in his side mirror and brake-checking me (I wasn't tailgating). He flicked his cigarette at my car right before he turned.

A$$holes are everywhere.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
alan000 is infamous around these parts
I agree that it can happen with any car, not just P-cars. I was coming out of a concert once, and there was a mass of inebriated people staggering back to their cars afterwards. A hapless driver in a Honda Accord was lost and ended up stopping a little bit over the crosswalk line in the street. Well, some of the more drunk concertgoers didn't appreciate this and although they had plenty of space to cross, started shouting at the driver and kicking his fender. Needless to say, the driver was pretty scared b/c of the crowd and just drove away. In the end, I hope you don't sell your Porsche b/c of some *******s. It seems like stuff like this is just luck of the draw and can happen to anyone.

I just remembered something that happened to me personally years ago... I was coming out of my mechanic's shop in my BMW 320i (my first car) and this homeless guy runs into my rear quarter panel with this shopping cart! I was thinking of getting out and confronting him, but then noticed that he was perhaps blind as he was fumbling with his cart to see what he just hit. Well, what could I do at that point except just drive off and buff out the scratches later.

Alan

Old 07-25-2010, 09:05 PM
jacx920 is infamous around these parts
dont let some guys make you sell a car cause of what they said.
that would just be giving in, and honestly, being a bit of a *****...

Old 07-25-2010, 09:36 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Might not have had anything to do with the car. They might have felt that you just should have stopped. Sorry for the problems-tomorrow is another day.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
don't let some jerk offs spoil your driving enjoyment. It will happen regardless of what you drive.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Selling the car will only act as a bandage over the emotional wound.

In 2005 I sold my 997S because I could not face another day of worry having the xenon lights torn off everywhere I went. It wasn't just me ---At that time the theft of the lights were rampant. There's a guy on the forum (a neighbor of mine) had his taken three times . Once while he was getting a haircut

Much like you .. the circumstances were different but the stress of ownership seemed overwhelming .

My post in 2005 sounds a lot like yours http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/por...6718012-1.html

I leased a 330i . I knew that I didn't want to buy it . It was going to be just a 2 year break from Porsche in a more anonymous car . It was a car that was practical,safe, easy to maintain, and pretty much fit in . Plus it wasn't even my car .. it was BMW's car . I was just renting it.

I missed my Porsche instantly and 18 months later I was back .

My advice --
Park the car . Don't sell it. Drive any other car for 6 months.
Then ask yourself if you still want to sell it.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1

My advice --
Park the car . Don't sell it. Drive any other car for 6 months.
Then ask yourself if you still want to sell it.
Good advice. You're just upset now, and rightfully so, but like all the **** things that happen.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:41 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Concealed weapons permit and "road rage" or traffic incidents, do not bode well for a civilian-liability wise or criminal wise. I am 51, been carrying since I was a police office in NY at 21. Guns are to be carried to be used when needed, not to be flashed in a traffic incident. Only nice people are scared when one is displayed-otherwise it escalates everyhting.....

You should have called 911 for an ambulance to tend to the medical needs of these hooligans...

Last edited by robfxlr; 07-25-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: spell
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
giving in to fear is the beginning of a long slippery downward slope

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
some people these days have real issues. perhaps its because of the economy. i feel america is changing. people are trying to live up to a successful comfortable lifestyle whether they can afford it or not. they then blame their over spend on others. jealousy and frustration leads to uncivil acts.

i dont think it'll get better.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:12 AM
irysfan is infamous around these parts
There are always people like that out there. Some people have preconceived notions of pcar owners which will make some situations a little worse. Don't give them a reason to get to you. Enjoy the ride.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nthusiast
I should have just kept going but at some point you have to stand up to a$$holes like this or you'll get run over by everyone in life.
No, you don't. And no, you won't.

Last edited by raspritz; 07-26-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
Selling your cars is absurd. Who is to say they wouldn't have kicked the door had you been driving a Civic. Sounds like a couple of a55holes with nothing better to do.
This.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Vegasguy is infamous around these parts
Shortly after "achieving" my '08 C2S, someone punched a hole in the rear tire while it was parked at work. $575 for a new tire.
Then someone intentionally door-dinged the rear fender. I know it was intentional because two "ding doctors" looked at it, and said it was intentional because of the damage. Both also said they couldn't repair it, and that it would require a body shop. $1000 for the repair.
I didn't repair it, and actually at the suggestion of a forum member, I learned to live with it as a "badge of honor." I also figured that if someone saw the first ding, they wouldn't see the need to damage my car again. It might have worked, because fortunately there were no further incidents. I will admit, though, that I always looked at that ding, and remained upset about it for the entire time I owned the car.

I just traded for a '10 C2S Cab., and the worry over the car has intensified. But it would never stop me from enjoying the extreme pleasure of Porsche ownership.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets