997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Funny... I don't view the 911 as a car that stands out. Haven't they become quite common?

I mean, if I saw a Carrera GT, I'd stand back. But most people don't know the difference between a $20k 2000 996C2, and a $160k 2010 997TT.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gpjli
giving in to fear is the beginning of a long slippery downward slope
So true.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sloopy
So true.
Best way to resolve it is to review own behavior and changes your routes so it would not cross so often with where jerks like to wander.
It`s difficult to do in a big city but, well, usually no one kicks good car at country club parking lot. Use your assets wisely.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 AM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sloopy
So true.
So what's next??? Sale your house because someone thought it is too big??!!. Gave in to total strangers and random act of stupidity? Not in my book.

John

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Funny... I don't view the 911 as a car that stands out. Haven't they become quite common?

I mean, if I saw a Carrera GT, I'd stand back. But most people don't know the difference between a $20k 2000 996C2, and a $160k 2010 997TT.
You're right. Most people can't distinguish between years and/or models... so they just assume that all 911 are $100K cars driven by undeserving rich jerks.

Hence the problem.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Ahhh, gotcha.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
This happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago driving his ...wait for it....limited production....Ford SVT Contour....same situation almost exactly. You were not targeted IMO because you were driving a Porsche. People in general now have no respect for other peoples property. I would have had a hard time not using their shirts to polish the door with!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Well that SVT Contour is a collectable. Completely understandable. I mean, if there was ever a Ford worth keeping - it was the Contour.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
I will be attending a course tonight that will allow me to apply for my license to carry. This way I can be like John Goodman in the movie the Big Lebowski.. "your about to enter a world of pain!" "a world of pain"

Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
One would think that a Ferrari/Lamborghini owner experiences this on a MUCH higher level than, say, a Corvette/Porsche owner (base C6/C6Z06/ZR-1 all look similar just like C2/C4S/TT).

Hell, it could be a 198x Testarossa... Haters will hate.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Jetpilot3 is infamous around these parts
Mate life could be over in a blink of an eye...

Drive the 911 and don't look back.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
People kicking my car, I do not think so actually hell no. No matter who has the right of way or if you didn't let them pass. There is no EXCUSE to kick or vandalize someones car. There is way too many ahholes out there to stress about not enjoying your 911. F those people and the oldsmobiles they drive

Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Keep driving and do your best to avoid places where deadbeats and maniacs live. It's tough if it is your DD. Really not the best car that way only from a stand point of sometimes it's nice to go out and not have to worry about the car. Otherwise, if it is, buy a 2nd car, not a beater but a respectible car that you can drive in places where you might not otherwise and park it at the mall or resturant if you don't want to take your p car. DO NOT let them get to you. Period.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Like others said, I think YOU were targeted - not the car. they may have commented on the car, but i'm guessing they would have said something regardless of the car you were driving.

I must be lucky. I've never had anyone say anything negative about the car. In fact, I can't take it out without someone saying something positive or even taking a pic of it. I make sure i go out of my way to be really appreciative and thankful of their comments. Just curious, where were you?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Never, ever, let someone else dictate what car you drive or whether to keep your car or not! If you get rid of your Porsche, you have let them win and bring your life to their mediocrity! i.e. the lowest common denominator of society! Someone opened a can of tomato sauce and poured it on the side of my 996 in a Walmart parking lot once! I had the car detailed and felt sorry for the loser(s) that did that! I still feel sorry for that fool!

I drive what I want to when I want to... People who cannot afford what I drive can go and work harder! They are losers... My advice to you is to be more careful and yield to pedestrians even when they are not crossing at a sidewalk but never let them decide what car you are going to drive or how you live your life! Just my opinion, of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets