997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
This original thread was created in July - I'm not sure why it was resurrected but I'm happy to say that I'm still a proud owner and try not to let a$$holes get to me (although by my own admission, responding to this thread shows that I still have some work to do).[/quote]

Now that is funny $hit! LMFAO hilar ious

Old 10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nthusiast
This original thread was created in July - I'm not sure why it was resurrected but I'm happy to say that I'm still a proud owner and try not to let a$$holes get to me (although by my own admission, responding to this thread shows that I still have some work to do).
LMSBO!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:04 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
didn't realize it was old news

Last edited by jakesdad; 10-07-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: old news
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jakesdad
didn't realize it was old news

WTF is wrong with u newb?????? LOL

Rep points 4 being honest! LOL

Jim

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Nthusiast,

You said, “I'm not sure how it was a "way over reaction" given that my car was kicked as part of an unprovoked event.”

My “way over reaction” statement was in response to your wanting to sell your Porsche because these two guys were mad at you for not letting them by, and proceeded to kick your door in. Predictable retaliation?

You said, “However, posting the thread and questioning P-car ownership was an emotional reaction to a volatile situation.”

Correct

You said, “Whether it was the P-car or not, I can't imagine that you would not be upset if the same happened to you.”

I would be pissed. I would have either let them pass, not let them pass and continue to drive on, or not let them pass and stop, expecting that there would be a confrontation. I would also know that having my door kicked in, or one of them pulling a knife or gun was certainly in the realm of possibilities. My stopping to let them not get away with it would be a risky and not smart on my part. Thus, as I mentioned, I would either let them pass or not let them pass and continue on my way.

You said, “Given your psychic abilities to see the event as it happened, you are obviously much smarter than me.

I did not see anything, I am simply responding to what you stated in your thread. As far as being smarter I think the results of you not allowing them to pass and then stopping to confront them speaks volumes as to what NOT to do.
Had I not allowed them to pass like you, I certainly would not have stopped to confront both of them. Would that be the “smarter” you are referring to?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
"but I'm happy to say that I'm still a proud owner and try not to let a$$holes get to me (although by my own admission, responding to this thread shows that I still have some work to do)."

Maybe there is more to this story than you have led on. With the above statement I'm beginning to think those guys might have been justified in their behavior.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear of your incident...

I'm not trying to justify their actions by any means.... but you gotta keep in mind that these are hard times for a lot of folks in our current economic status in this country. There's a lot of people hurting financially right now...

People are bitter, angry and just down right crazy now... I live in the rural north Georgia mountains and within the last year we've had two home invasions and two pharmacies robbed at gun point.... crazy, stuff like this just doesn't happen in a rural community.

Be safe.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
get a handgun license, go to the gym bulk up, you are going to sell your cars because of other peoples attitudes. whoaa then you let them walk all over you and they win

Old 10-08-2010, 07:56 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ lol!

I may only drive a Nissan now, but I'm drinking MILK. And someday you'll regret talking down to me.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
colonel colt solved problem with such jerks once and sooner folks will get back those ways the better will it be.
no one can protect you but yourself. no police, no army and no divine intervention. your protection should be on your belt.
right...
with this attitude there would have been a shootout, injured and dead people and a shot up car...over what exactly.

No. he did the right thing. ultimately, we all choose our destiny. Choosing to pull a gun out may have solved the issue, it could could also have caused the other guy to pull out his gun then...or at later date.

Yeah, I own guns too yada yada. I love shooting just as much as you may, BUT - I certainly would not be some dumb as to involve guns and potential harm to an individual (or myself) over something as dumb and replaceable as a car.

Whats REALLy at issue here IMO - is a bruised ego.

really...just let it go. Be HAPPY you have a nice car, nice things and are intelligent enough to identify the non-issue here and move on with your life.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Or that people will actually pull out of the fast lane to let me go - even without tailgating them (!)

It still kinda trips me out how many times this happens. People just move for ya...never happens when I'm driving my lexus.