997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets

Most of us have stories of one more times where someone took offense to the car we drive. Be it out of jealousy, personal regrets, or just internal anger issues we've either experienced, or heard of, situations that owners of nice cars have been targeted by others. I experienced it first hand this weekend. I won't go into all the details (too long to explain) but the highlights are that I called 911 after two 'gentlemen' kicked my car door while I was in a parking lot because I didn't stop to let them pass (they were not crossing at a crosswalk).
They became not only verbally abusive but also physically threatened me (and my property). I should have just drove away. I should have realized that nothing good was going to come of the situation. Something in me said they shouldn't get away with it though (even though I didn't see any damage) so I called the police. Although the officer was very pleasant and had a nice talk with them, nothing did come of it except this...

I feel like it's not worth it. I love my Porsche. This is my 3rd (Cayenne, Cayman, and now 911) but for the 1st time as a P-car owner I feel like it's truly not worth it. There will always be people in society that are jealous, that are angry, that carry misconceptions of those with nice material things...but the violence that can come from seemingly out of nowhere is scary. I've been thinking about selling my RRS S/C and using the 911 as a DD. Now I'm thinking about getting rid of both, getting something non-assuming, pocketing the cash and feeling safe.

Thanks in advance to those of you that will jump in and say "that's why I never drive my car to the mall or any other parking lot". My reality is that I bought this car to be driven, not to be a garage queen. I just didn't expect to experience the true ugliness of society. Thanks for listening.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:53 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
Pursuant to NY state law you were in the right so I say screw them. I'm glad nothing really bad came of the situation and everyone was able to return home. I don't suffer fools so I can't imagine I would have done things much different than you did.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
It's true some people are screwed up. But, I would not let them deter you of your happiness. Just cause they drive a dodge does not mean you have too. Don't let others dictate your life. It's yours to enjoy!

Old 07-25-2010, 03:04 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Nthusiast

I feel like it's not worth it. I love my Porsche. This is my 3rd (Cayenne, Cayman, and now 911) but for the 1st time as a P-car owner I feel like it's truly not worth it. There will always be people in society that are jealous,
colonel colt solved problem with such jerks once and sooner folks will get back those ways the better will it be.
no one can protect you but yourself. no police, no army and no divine intervention. your protection should be on your belt.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:08 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
things like this just **** me off when people have no respect for our cars..sorry this has happen to you...whenever I go to a sporting event...I always take my Titan instead of the pcar b/c I know there's alway that 1 or 2 drunken a...hole that would vandalize nice car for fun..

Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Perhaps you might have received a parking ticket had you parked the car on top of the two losers ... then called the cops.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
paulycw is infamous around these parts
Don't let losers get to you.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
scott10s is infamous around these parts
Glad you were not injured and that this did not escalate. Keep the Porsche and enjoy it, but remember, it's just a car. Sorry, but it is.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Selling your cars is absurd. Who is to say they wouldn't have kicked the door had you been driving a Civic. Sounds like a couple of a55holes with nothing better to do.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:40 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Krav maga

Old 07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
They should have at least took the clowns to jail. I have a carry permit but I would never show my gun. This would not end good and according to the law you would be in the wrong for pulling gun. You can only use deadly force when your life is in danger not your car. Best just to let them be get their tags and destroy their dodge at later date

Last edited by Gj325; 07-25-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I would bet that the same thing would have happened in any nice car that you might have owned. As I read it, it was more about you and the two losers than the specific car. Maybe it would have been different if you in a Camry, but would you really want to go from a 911 to a Camry, and - who's to say that the same thing wouldn't have occurred.
Hope you can get over it and enjoy your car.
Agree with others - don't let the losers get you down.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
What makes you think it was your car that pissed them off??? Did they yell derogatory Porsche remarks aimed at you and the car or do you think you could have been driving a F-150 and the same incident would have resulted in the same outcome??? I think it is silly to think you have to sell your car because of what you described!!! And FWIW you could have let them pass and you probably would have gotten a thumbs up from them or nothing at all......JMHO.... Don't get me wrong, I thinks is absolute BS that they touched your property whatever type of car, but it probably could have come out differently if you just let em pass......

Last edited by Swoody; 07-25-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Spitfire pepper spray, or the police issue one . They go down so fast, trust me.
Then call the cops or don't.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NC 997
Perhaps you might have received a parking ticket had you parked the car on top of the two losers ... then called the cops.
Great comment. Thanks.

It is just a car...I understand that and selling it just to be less conspicuous is probably more of an emotional reaction than logical. But this issue did involve the Porsche. As I mentioned, the story was too long to type buy they did have several derogatory remarks because of the car (not me). I should have just kept going but at some point you have to stand up to a$$holes like this or you'll get run over by everyone in life.

It's just a sad state of affairs that society is littered with so many individuals he11 bent on bringing others down because their life has problems.

Thanks for the comments guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ugly incident & P-car ownership regrets