997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Yrralis1's Turbo Meet n Greet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:56 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Yrralis1's Turbo Meet n Greet

Hey, I got to meet our forum friend Yarrlis1 today. I was down in Miami on business and Larry stopped by and took me for a ride in his 997 Turbo. What a sweet riding awesome car! I've been in Turbo's before but not one with the power of Larry's and we really didn't have a spot to really get on it.

Larry really did his mods with this car correctly. Not only did he do it right with the HP/TQ increase with the engine with Evoms, Werks and Tubi but he also has some racing Brembo H U G E brakes on this car as well as Coilovers and sway bar mods. The car rides exceptionally well but seems nice and tight in a corner.

I'd really like to see this car show it's stuff at the track. It surely is set up for a very advanced driver to track it. It has more power than anyone would need but it also can be tuned with the coilover to handle and it has brakes to stop this beast. So many forget about the brakes but I can tell you that on the track braking is extremely important and one of the hardest things to really master.

Larry thanks for stopping by and meeting me. It's nice to put a face with someone you type words with everyday. Next time we will time it better and go have some lunch or dinner.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Hey, I got to meet our forum friend Yarrlis1 today. I was down in Miami on business and Larry stopped by and took me for a ride in his 997 Turbo. What a sweet riding awesome car! I've been in Turbo's before but not one with the power of Larry's and we really didn't have a spot to really get on it.

Larry really did his mods with this car correctly. Not only did he do it right with the HP/TQ increase with the engine with Evoms, Werks and Tubi but he also has some racing Brembo H U G E brakes on this car as well as Coilovers and sway bar mods. The car rides exceptionally well but seems nice and tight in a corner.

I'd really like to see this car show it's stuff at the track. It surely is set up for a very advanced driver to track it. It has more power than anyone would need but it also can be tuned with the coilover to handle and it has brakes to stop this beast. So many forget about the brakes but I can tell you that on the track braking is extremely important and one of the hardest things to really master.

Larry thanks for stopping by and meeting me. It's nice to put a face with someone you type words with everyday. Next time we will time it better and go have some lunch or dinner.

agreed....nice to put a face with a name....Hell I think i am staying at his place in Jan 2011 when Im with wife and kids....LOL Thanks Larry

Jim

Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Would luv to see the car. Maybe Larry could post a video highlighting the mods.

Sounds like the ultimate ride.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Hi Mike -
I had a great time . I wish you were in my area longer and I am very flattered by the compliments on my car and its work done. Since you do make it here often I look foward to maybe taking the two cars out although mid week in rush hour we did still have fun . After all these years posting there's nothing as nice as meeting in person to actually see the cars and share the vehicle with someone who also has and loves Porsches.

jj -- There are many times in the winter that I had suggested Miami as a place to go .
Ironically the summer rates seemed to attract tons of tourists to South Beach which is reasonably priced now and makes for a great weekend trip.
It might be something to keep in mind because if you made it to town it would be nice.

Buckwheat - I don't have a youtube account and I am a horrible photographer. But I did detail the last stages of my car on the Turbo forum.

Here's a sample of it .

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rformance.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ul-engine.html

Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Sway bars front and back right?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stockid
Sway bars front and back right?
The Turbo is an AWD car and therefore behaves very differently . Sway bars actually were a recent topic ( with split opinion ). My car (like many other modded Turbos) has just the rear OEM Gt2 Bar ...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...our-997tt.html

Keep in mind Stock ..

Even though I am not a technician I did have a qualified team discussing the details of each upgrade and an extremely perfectionist installer . It took 18 months to complete the car .. in steps .. as the tuners developed material as well as trying to space the cost (it adds up) and adjust to each upgrade before climbing to the next .

Also my car doesn't just have an OEM Gt2 sway bar .It also has been dropped on Bilsteins too.
this has also been the third suspension on the car as the car gained Hp over the stages (first stock,then techart, now this) --each time the car improved .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-29-2010 at 01:45 AM.