997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carrera Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:42 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
They should be picking up 1 or 2 of your BMW payments to get you into the new lease.....not factoring it into the new lease.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bosco42
They should be picking up 1 or 2 of your BMW payments to get you into the new lease.....not factoring it into the new lease.
They don't want his BMW . If he keeps the BMW then he himself sees that BMW lease programs are far better than Porsche . He may decide to simply turn it it or use it as leverage to lease another BMW as a daily driver .

When it comes to leasing .. i don't oppose ALL leases .. but I would not lease a Porsche 911 . Certainly not at the prices he posted .. but 9 Porsche later i still never leased one.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
If you were to buy the car could you get it at invoice or below?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vegaceo
unfortunately buying the car will not be possible. I use the leasing cost to write off business profits.

yrralis1

What aspect of the deal do you think could be improved?
Whether you buy or lease, you can write off if it is used for business. I've check both ways on that with my CPA. Check it out yourself!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:19 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I lease also because of the business write off, but more importantly that I never keep my cars very long. I will tell you the lease deal I got and you can decide if yours is fair or not.
2009 C2S
White w/blk full leather
heated and ventilated seats
PDK w/sports chrono
and everything else your car has.
MSRP $103,700
I put $1100 drive off with a payment of $1500/mo including tax in CA which is almost 10%.
They originally quoted me $1800/mo with 5k down. So you see they came down quite a bit after 2 weeks of negotiating.

But...
A month later in Northern CA my friend got a C4S same specs but MSRP of $108k and he put the same money down but his monthly was only $1200.
His deal was much better then mine. Anyway BMW leases are always much lower then Porsche in my experience and even lower then Lexus.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
run do not walk away from this deal You are paying about $104 more than u should per month

Old 07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Leasing is sometimes a good deal when one can write it off for tax purposes. 2 major factors play into whether a lease is good or not (there's more than 2, but these 2 are the most important IMO):

1) the MF
2) the residual

If you're leasing through Porsche financial, they set the residual (dealers can't touch that). However, the MF has a floor from Porsche financial and dealers can pad that MF.

Have them show you their leasing program from Porsche Financial and have them prove .00233 is the lowest possible. That's 5.99% which is on the high side, but I've seen MF in the 9+% range (think AMG).

My thoughts:
* see if there is room in the MF
* the residual seems fair
* don't roll the last 2 payments in -- tell them you'll let the BMW lease run its course b4 you lease something else (they may make those payments for you)
* your base cap cost is not bad
* time is on your side (2 months or so) -- don't let the excitement and the emotion get the best of you

GL and have fun with it.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:32 AM
vegaceo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Thats no killer deal if you ask me. My personal car ( 997.2 ) had a MSRP of $92. I put $2000 total down and I pay $1242 with tax ( 6%) and this was in the height of the market =(

Champion, which dealer did you go to? I am not opposed to buying out of my state; he'll I have never bought a car in the state I live in, I seem to always find a better deal elsewhere .

Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by sizquik
If you were to buy the car could you get it at invoice or below?
They will lease the car to me at invoice. I have not tried below invoice. Ash from Planet 9 forum was telling me this is not the best deal but the sales man was being aggressive on the price.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I lease also because of the business write off, but more importantly that I never keep my cars very long. I will tell you the lease deal I got and you can decide if yours is fair or not.
2009 C2S
White w/blk full leather
heated and ventilated seats
PDK w/sports chrono
and everything else your car has.
MSRP $103,700
I put $1100 drive off with a payment of $1500/mo including tax in CA which is almost 10%.
They originally quoted me $1800/mo with 5k down. So you see they came down quite a bit after 2 weeks of negotiating.

But...
A month later in Northern CA my friend got a C4S same specs but MSRP of
$108k and he put the same money down but his monthly was only $1200.
His deal was much better then mine. Anyway BMW leases are always much lower then Porsche in my experience and even lower then Lexus.

Wow what Nor cal dealer did your friend go to?

I definitely want a 911 P Car and if I could get a c4s for your friends price that would be the icing on the cake. Please PM or reply to this message.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 AM
To everyone who replied thank so much, your help allowed me to tell the dealer to step his game up. I told him exactly what money factor I am looking for and he said there is no way I can get it. Lol apparently he is not aware of the resource of the internet.

I told the dealer I will wait until the Aug 3rd lease numbers are released. He replied to me as it my thought is all wrong, I should not be trying to drive an interest rate, but just as taylorcoleman pointed out MF and residual are the most important factors. The 911 residual is already pretty weak, I would prefer it at 60-63 ( not that my preference is possible or realistic)

Gents if any of you can direct me to whee I can get a real deal please help me out thanks

Sincerely,

Lovet