997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Atlanta dealer service - Jim Ellis or Hennessy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Razorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the rough
Atlanta dealer service - Jim Ellis or Hennessy?

Long time lurker here. Great site. Finally, pulled trigger on 2009 triple black 911S cab PDK. Looked at both dealers, but found car I wanted out of state. Any thoughts on which is better for service? Also, I'm probably going to add clear bra if anyone knows a good local shop.

Am I the only one that can't read the squiggly letters required to post?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I would sooner walk upon the burning embers of my dead relatives' ashes than spend a cent at Jim Ellis Porsche.

Further, I will legally mandate that upon my death my collection of Porsche Cars be serviced anywhere other than a Jim Ellis facility.
CATTMAN

Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I did the PPI on my '03 at Jim Ellis since they were right by my office, but I bought my '07 at Hennessy and had it serviced there. I am a loyal Hennessy customer and am shopping an '09 or '10.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Razorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the rough
2 for 2 for Hennessy. I was already leaning that way. Thanks for the responses. Cattman, I just signed up here so I don't think I can respond to PM just yet.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Hennessy all the way. Ellis is the worst dealership I have ever delta with.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:25 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
I would sooner walk upon the burning embers of my dead relatives' ashes than spend a cent at Jim Ellis Porsche.

Further, I will legally mandate that upon my death my collection of Porsche Cars be serviced anywhere other than a Jim Ellis facility.
CATTMAN

J,

Dont sugar coat it....tell us how u really FEEL!

Jim

Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I've had (3) cars now thru Hennessy, and hands-down Matt has given me service like never before. Perfect every time !!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
It's not just that I condemn Ellis, it's that I revere Hennessy.

Hennessy's GM, Mark Venti, is superb. Their head of service, Jeff Corey, is fantastic. And both Matt Bailey and Zach are world-class service reps. In the back, the crew of techs (Ralph, Jack, Chris, Noah, etc.) are all top of the line. Russell who runs the loaner fleet is also terrific.

I couldn't ask for more from the service dept., ever.
CATTMAN

Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
It's not just that I condemn Ellis, it's that I revere Hennessy.

Hennessy's GM, Mark Venti, is superb. Their head of service, Jeff Corey, is fantastic. And both Matt Bailey and Zach are world-class service reps. In the back, the crew of techs (Ralph, Jack, Chris, Noah, etc.) are all top of the line. Russell who runs the loaner fleet is also terrific.

I couldn't ask for more from the service dept., ever.
CATTMAN
That's great info - thanks. I've been in to talk to Zak and Jack and was impressed. They helped me out with a an issue with my delivery keys - my car was shipped from a dealership in VA. I'll be heading over there for all of my service work, and it's good to know that they're well regarded.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
I've had (3) cars now thru Hennessy, and hands-down Matt has given me service like never before. Perfect every time !!!!!
I'm going to ping you @ work Bob....have a funny story for you.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
ghillie is infamous around these parts
Cattman if you could elaborate as to why Jim Ellis Porsche has garnered such "praise" from you that would appreciated. If not in an open forum maybe in a PM.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the info! I do believe Hennessy is worth dealing with. Very professional. I didn't buy my last car from them, but I will be buying my next car from them!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Now that's funny..

Old 08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Having just bought my car last year out of state (live in Atlanta), I also pondered this same question. I'm a member of PCA and asked around. The consensus I got was also leaning in favor of Hennessy. Sounds like both have about the same labor/part fees, but the differentiator comes in service and how much work they try to talk you into.

I haven't seen any reason why not Jim Ellis on this thread, so would also like a PM or post as I'm curious. I took my 997S there a few months ago for the 40k service and had a generally good experience. My only complaint was a faulty trunk light they said was fixed was obviously not, and required a second trip. Turns out to be a faulty latch - $300 so I said forget it! Other than that, the car was done on time, washed, and in good working order, not to mention the A4 loaner was nice.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by ghillie
Cattman if you could elaborate as to why Jim Ellis Porsche has garnered such "praise" from you that would appreciated. If not in an open forum maybe in a PM.
I am happy to share right here.

Are you a consumer? Before I go any further, please first consider all the other opinions here. It's pretty unanimous that Jim Ellis' reputation stinks for itself.

Do you work for Jim Ellis? If you want to understand why I and others will take any chance we get to divert business elsewhere, and to share as loudly and as often as possible our tales of Jim Ellis horror stories, send me a PM me with your contact info and I'll get back to you. Further, I'd even be willing to entertain a meeting with Mr. Jim Ellis himself, and share with him why his dealerships will never sell a dime worth of anything from me, my friends, family, or anyone I know or get the chance to speak with.
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 08-18-2010 at 09:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlanta dealer service - Jim Ellis or Hennessy?