997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

EVO Intake / GIAC Chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 08:09 PM
roadking is infamous around these parts
EVO Intake / GIAC Chip

Just picked up my 997 from EVO tonight. I had the intake and chip installed. Wow! Seat of the pants, stronger through the midrange and top RPM range. Raining here in PHX, so I havent got a chance to drive it hard for an extended period. I will post dyno results, before and after in the am. Overall, an excellent upgrade! Todd and crew did a great job with this package. Great bang for the buck- same power output as a stock 997S for way less than $10K! Next up - exhaust!

FYI - EVO had some serious 996TT's in the shop. Full Techart speed yellow rag top with their 750HP upgrade... bad ***. Also working on a 1000HP 996TT customers car. Incredible. I have had great results with these guys on a number of vehicles. Keep the cool stuff coming Todd....

Old 02-11-2005, 11:03 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
hehhe. i like ur side car collections. lol
can u post some pix of 997 and sound clip
which intake did u go with?

Old 02-12-2005, 09:00 AM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
please don't make it seem like you now have a comparable 997S for less than $10k just because you put on an intake and ecu. The stock 997S comes with a 3.8l motor, PASM with lowered susp, 19" wheels with big meats, turbo brakes, white guages, thicker steering wheel, dual exhaust tips. Aside from the motor try adding all these other goodies to your car, which definately adds to the performance and looks, and you're paying $10k without the motor. Now you tell me what's a better deal? I am not trying put you down, its just that 997 owners need to understand that for the extra $10k on a 997S you are getting a better car with regards to motor, suspen, brakes, wheels/tires, exhaust, and interior aesthetics. Most 997 owners make it out to seem like 997S owners are paying an extra $10k for 30hp and I'm tired of hearing that.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:32 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The 997S is a total package, not just a bigger motor.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 PM
of course it is! all i wanted from the 997S was the power and perhaps the brakes, just didnt feel the $10K was worth it... the chip and intake gave the car the needed boost the I wanted. the S is an awesome vehicle, but to me, just not worth the extra dough. to each his own. i have the 19" wheels, full leather, etc. didnt really want PASM and could care less about white gauges and a fatter steering wheel. no one is putting down the owners of 997S's, just trying to squeeze out a little more of out a great car. i enjoy the process of tweaking and measuring the results. enjoy your car!

Old 02-12-2005, 07:16 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Whilst the 997 is undoubtably an awesome car I have to say the S is worth the mark up. Just flashed another black one (love black) today and there is so much more to the S than just "30hp".... It's really starting to grow on me...

Old 02-18-2005, 10:03 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
where are the dyno results for that chip? I'd love to see 30 hp on the graph!

Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sharkster
Whilst the 997 is undoubtably an awesome car I have to say the S is worth the mark up. Just flashed another black one (love black) today and there is so much more to the S than just "30hp".... It's really starting to grow on me...
Alex - did you chip the car I saw in your shop a couple weeks ago? I knew that S would grow on you as it did me

I just cant seem to find one with the few options I am looking for. All the dealers that I can find them at have too many options and high 90K price tag. I am working with Gary at Carlson and I may just order one for May production....I just have a hard time paying "sticker" for a car - just principle I guess....

I may swing back up to Carlson this Sat, you going to be at the shop?

Old 02-18-2005, 11:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by synergy
Alex - did you chip the car I saw in your shop a couple weeks ago? I knew that S would grow on you as it did me

I just cant seem to find one with the few options I am looking for. All the dealers that I can find them at have too many options and high 90K price tag. I am working with Gary at Carlson and I may just order one for May production....I just have a hard time paying "sticker" for a car - just principle I guess....

I may swing back up to Carlson this Sat, you going to be at the shop?
Actually that was a different one We've had three different 997S' but all were/are black. It really is growing on me but as I told you then, I would still go for a turbo. I'm just a boost addict and the price of the Turbos makes it too hard to turn away from.

Having said that, you're right the 997S has something about it. Gary is a great guy as is Doug and they'll do their best.

If I'm not there James will likely be there... I think I'm going to take a breather from cars this weekend.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
graphs

here is the latest graph from EVO.

Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2005, 01:39 PM
911 flyn is infamous around these parts
Bill,

What you say is true, but you can't find a 997S without options ,and those options are on top of the 10K extra in the base price. If you get full leather, nav, high end bose,PCCB,etc. the out the door price could get close to 100K.
Your point is well taken, you do get a lot of standard features for the extra 10K, but add in those options and your getting into
02,03 turbo country.

Roy

Old 02-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Agreed. Most of the S cars I have seen are close to $100k and the market on 996tt is in that area. Availability on the s here in phx is nil. The dealer had one seal car that was $5k over sticker.

Todd @ EVO is working on a Black S now. Chip, intake, exhaust, etc. The car appears to be responding well to tweaks and tunes. I am sure the owner will post results.