997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

tire trailer tow hook into rear tow screw-in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
tire trailer tow hook into rear tow screw-in

Hi,

I have read more or less complete info about that on cayman`s planet9 site - is there anybody here who did it on 997 cars? where there any complications - could you please share your results?

Old 08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Truck tire trailer hook boat rear end screw hook.

Sorry , couldn't help it.

J

Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I know a local guy who runs his 997 GT3 to the track with a very cool setup, toe hook ball hitch, trailer has a set of spare tires, tool box, cool set up. I know he drive's it some 150 - 200 plus miles to some events with no problems?

Last edited by 2muchtime; 08-20-2010 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Clarify year
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
There was a thread in the GT3 section regarding the install of a hitch on a 997.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
There was a thread in the GT3 section regarding the install of a hitch on a 997.
thanks, will search for it... i think i will do it this winter when i`ll get more free time.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
I've looked into this myself and corresponded with the "owner" of the site. He says he has applications for the 997.

http://www.willwoodsystem.com/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-20-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor site
Old 08-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Fastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to beholdFastforwardwheels is a splendid one to behold
Are you looking for some thing like this?

Old 08-20-2010, 05:41 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fastforwardwheels
Are you looking for some thing like this?

I would think that this would put a lot of torque on the setup. Wouldn't a very small trailer with 2 tires be less torquey on the car?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
limbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KK Moto
I've looked into this myself and corresponded with the "owner" of the site. He says he has applications for the 997.

http://www.willwoodsystem.com/
Is this the system referred to in the thread on the GT3 forum as costing almost a grand?

MB

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I'd rathe rdo the tire trailer because you can also carry more tools.

Utkinpol, the trailer mount screws into the back bumper through the license plate. Guys either remove the plate or drill a hole through it.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
I'd rathe rdo the tire trailer because you can also carry more tools.

Utkinpol, the trailer mount screws into the back bumper through the license plate. Guys either remove the plate or drill a hole through it.
yep,
only question is where to get good quality ball mount for a trailer.
one from website above is kinda crazy expensive.

btw i went on an auto-x today on my winter tires and had ton of fun - those PA2 tires have literally 0 grip at all. i ended up with shocks at 2nd click from max soft and tires at 30 front 28psi rear. thank god i did not go on them to a track...
but it does for sure helps to work on proper line - even slightest control imperfection would disable rear axle and put car sideways. i was driving all day on the limit of rear traction and it was quite fun, it definitely teaches how to return car back on the course from sliding/drifting aside. but run times sucked.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by limbo
Is this the system referred to in the thread on the GT3 forum as costing almost a grand?

MB
I don't think it was that much, unless you would have it installed by someone else. If I recall, the mount was a few hundred and was a relatively simple bumper cover removal, bolt-on, bumper replacement.

If you go to either the GT3 site or the willwood website it shows a GT3 with a small tire trailer that people have been describing.

.......But if it IS that pricey....... I'm thinking incentive to make your own. Looking at pictures, I'm thinking $15 parts, tube receiver, welder, drill or iron-worker.

Last edited by KK Moto; 08-21-2010 at 03:48 PM.