997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does anybody in Boston have a front license plate tow hook holder I can borrow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM
turbotol is infamous around these parts
Does anybody in Boston have a front license plate tow hook holder I can borrow?

I just moved from CA to MA and found out I need to pass a RMV inspection by Tuesday the 24th August. Does anybody close to Boston have a front license plate tow hook holder I can borrow for the inspection? Thank you.

turbotol@yahoo.com

Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
This post makes absolutely no sense. You need to have a front plate mounted to pass inspection. You will need this same plate installed or have it on board if you are ever stopped. Just go buy one. Why try to inconvenience one of us for an inconsequential cost?

Also, running a car without a front plate, where it is required, will result in the unwelcome attention of the authorities for a car that will already attract them. Why would you want to do this? Not good sense.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MichaelL
This post makes absolutely no sense. You need to have a front plate mounted to pass inspection. You will need this same plate installed or have it on board if you are ever stopped. Just go buy one. Why try to inconvenience one of us for an inconsequential cost?
Because the OP believes he will not be pulled over and simply needs to pass the inspection.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Or

Or maybe because I need to pass the RMV inspection before tuesday and:
1. none of the dealerships around Boston have a front license plate bracket in store
2. there is not enough time left to buy the tow hook soluton and get it delivered in time.

Borrowing a tow hook bracket would allow me to pass the inspection without having to drill my front bumper, while I wait for my tow hook bracket to show up in the mail. My apologies for the "inconvenience"

Thank you

Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
I have 2 MA cars without front license plates; an '06 BMW 330xi and a '06 Porsche C4. While I've unfortunately been pulled over a few times, the police have never cited or perhaps noticed the missing front plates in either car over 4 years!

In MA you need annual inspections. Some inspection stations will insist on the front license plate, some not. Recently I had my Porsche's annual inspection at the station I had used since the car was new. The mechanic, someone I hadn't met before, not only insisted that I have the front license plate, but also cited the rear license plate holder had an ad from TPC Racing that slightly overlapped the plate and that had to be removed! He even showed me the state manual showing the requirements.

So.... I thanked him very much for the help, asked for my $29 back which he gave, drove down the street less than 100 yards to another station where my car was inspected and the new sticker was applied without anything but a smile.

I do keep the front license plate in the frunk, in case I do run into the situation where it's asked for.

So... I'd suggest you pursue the inspection sticker sans front license plate.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 AM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
I have one you could use. If you are still in need contact me.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi DCI, I don't have enough posts yet to PM you. Can you please email me at turbotol@yahoo.com with your contact info?

Thank you.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
I zip tie mine on every year here in MA with no problems. Unlike other states the cops do not pay too much attention to the front plate.

Best,

Matt

Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I was able to meet up with a local Rennlist member who was kind enough to lend me his bracket. Thank you all for your help and suggestions and I hope to be able to return the favor soon.

Turbotol

Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM
dallas8888 is infamous around these parts
Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelL

Wonder how much you getting paid to come on here and blast people for asking simple questions. You tool!.....anyone can spare some viagara, please send him some.