997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

did I just Blow dry my Porsche ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
I use Zaino...

Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Tonight, I'm going to communicate more and talk to the Mrs about rotor replacement and possibly even painting the calipers red!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 AM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Love the gas blower, been doing all of my cars for over a year,
I just get the big water off and around the tail lights and rear deck lid then two micro towels.
Windows come out perfect, only down side is noise, can't do before nine in H.B. My garage faces west so the morning is the best time for me to wash and stay out of the sun, can't use the blower that early, but after Nine forget about it, just make sure you don't run out of gas half way thru !!! Its hell !!!, LOL, But wait theres more, before you wash the car, blow out the garage first, get the carbon monoxide alarm going in the garage first, then wash the car, blow it off and pull the car into the clean garage.
Then wonder why I don't get invited to the neighbors BBQ.
lol

Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robfxlr
Tonight, I'm going to communicate more and talk to the Mrs about rotor replacement and possibly even painting the calipers red!!!

We just decided last night that we are going to have our calipers painted red, and we're going front lip shopping today (last week when I was out of town, she pulled up too close on a parking block, and chipped my front lip).

Old 08-22-2010, 09:16 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HBC4S
, LOL, But wait theres more, before you wash the car, blow out the garage first, get the carbon monoxide alarm going in the garage first, then wash the car, blow it off and pull the car into the clean garage.
Then wonder why I don't get invited to the neighbors BBQ.
lol

Made my day...

Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by mdrums
I've been doing this for years. 1st with a simple Toro electric leaf blower and now with a Black n Decker battery powered leaf blower.
I like the idea of a cordless blower. Is the B&D powerful enough and does it have enough juice to complete the job?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:17 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TooSixy
I use this Metro Air Force Blaster since day one. I kicked myself in the nuts for not having used it on my previous cars.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-care...en=13587917894

They have the Blaster (B3-CD) and the MasterBlaster (MB3-CD). Question, do you think the regular Blaster is enough for the car? I guess I mean do you need to get real close for it to work, or can you stay back a few inches from the surface. (And no doubt, the wax/sealent type makes a huge difference).

I've also heard (although I have a 20amp plug for my lift to use) that the BasterBlaster will trip a 15amp easy.

..........so in-a-nutshell, you still happy whith the Blaster? And thanks!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Never considered it like that. My wife both enjoy ownership of our vehicles. She is on her own forums. In fact, she's the reason I joined this one. Being as she does more maintenance on my cars than I do (she is the only one who has changed the rotors/brake pads on my car thus far - not even the dealership has touched them), I felt she would appreciate this, and possibly get a chuckle out of it first.
robfxlr and jaspergtr, you guys had me laughing...I can completely relate to robfxlr....I have the same wife...she thinks my obsession with inanimate objects is weird. However, jaspergtr, I am jealous as hell of you for having a wife who shares the same obsession. Keep me laughing.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
Use a small air compressor with trigger tip (make sure there is a protective rubber tip) is better for blowing out behind lights and all creases.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by richard181
Use a small air compressor with trigger tip (make sure there is a protective rubber tip) is better for blowing out behind lights and all creases.
I use an air compressor as well with an extended tip. Have covered the tip in heat shrink tubing to eliminate the possibility of scratching the paint with the air gun.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Arnie55 is infamous around these parts
Blow Drying my 911

I use my gas powered Echo leaf blower. It works great and gets on the water off. I make sure to go from front of the car to the back

Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Brian GTS is infamous around these parts
I use my "Craftsman" shop vac which has a detachable blower. Works great. I have considered the cordless models, but was concerned about power and how long the batter lasts? Good results?

Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
I've always used an electric blower to dry our vehicles after detailing, or normal wash. Doesn't matter how soft your plush micros/drying towels are, less touching = less marring, and it's much quicker on trucks as there are nooks and crannies that water likes to collect in that wold end up dripping everywhere after your done.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TooSixy
I use this Metro Air Force Blaster since day one. I kicked myself in the nuts for not having used it on my previous cars.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-care...en=13587917894

This is a fantastic product. I have the Metro Vac 'N’ Blo and it does a great job too.

This company makes great/quality products and they stand behind them and support the customer. I just found out that they have a new neoprene blow tip that is soft and recommended to use drying a car.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:02 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Even though not my posting, thanks for the Blaster feedback....... Yea I've got a 80Gal 2Stage compressor.....that works fine...... currently using a smaller B&T electric which works quite well actually, but has just gotten louder and louder as it wears on. I'd almost rather go with a dedicated Blaster unit that is filtered with a large intake (vs shop vac setup), much quieter....etc.

That will make a nice addition to the DIC20 water system and Gilmour Foamaster unit....TX !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: did I just Blow dry my Porsche ?