997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I'm not driving without a spare anymore, I swear.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Bob,

There is one person in front of you. If he does not complete the transaction, I will let you know. Not sure about the C4 trunk space. Maybe someone can chime in if the temporary spare (narrow) can fit in a C4 trunk.

Mark

Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I'd make a suggestion to anyone who has picked up one of these "old" spares to have the tire replaced with a new one regardless of miles. The spare I picked up was from a '99 996. Not sure how reliable a 11-12 year old tire would be...and the spare must work! It's a pretty inexpensive tire, so replacing an old one with a new one to give a bit more peace of mind is worth it in my opinion.

J

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 AM
zeplow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Bob,

There is one person in front of you. If he does not complete the transaction, I will let you know. Not sure about the C4 trunk space. Maybe someone can chime in if the temporary spare (narrow) can fit in a C4 trunk.

Mark
Bought one of these to put in my C4. Fits fine at an angle but i haven't tried it standing straight up yet. My das schild should arrive this week and I'll experiment with different configurations then. I'll post my findings.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:36 PM
ScottAtlGa is infamous around these parts
I got carried away and bought a couple of jacks last week and will sell one iwth the foam insert. If interested in completing the package let me know by PM.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Seems like getting carried away is common in this situation - more than I thought. I also have a spare tire, but no jack or toolkit. I bought it first, then bought a whole kit for less than I paid for just the spare!
I was planning to keep it for when I finally get my 2nd 997, but it seems like that's more of a pipedream than it was before!
PM me if interested. Willing to sell at the going rate... Not sure what that is, but I'm open to offers

Old 12-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Rhinotire

I just came across this and wanted to share with the forum to get your thoughts. It s spray gel liner you apply to the inside of tire that immediately seals punctures! Check out the video demos on their site.

Would like to hear others thoughts (pro/cons)...

http://www.rhinotire.com/

Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^only problem with stuff like that or with what is already included in the stock tool kit is that there can be situations where it doesn't work. A spare always works.

J